Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sionics Review

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How does Sionics secure their low profile gas blocks? Do they dimple their barrels and set screw them similar to BCM...

Feedback Score
    I have been running the Sionics, along with three BCM rifles for the past three days. All have run without any issues. I did not keep track of the round count over the past few days. I am very impressed with the Sionics and consider it on par with BCM. In conclusion, the way I see it is as follows on a 1-5 with 5 being best:
    1. CS; Sionics 5 plus, BCM 4.
    2. Function and Fit; Sionics 5, BCM 5.
    3. Value vs Price; Sionics 5, BCM 4.
    4. Options and Configurations; Sionics 4, BCM 5.

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sionics got it right with their barrel profiles. Really happy to see they offer a medium contour and no government profile!

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Yes. We also use red Loctite on the screw.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    How does Sionics secure their low profile gas blocks? Do they dimple their barrels and set screw them similar to BCM...

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    I don't have any plans for any more store-bought ARs in the near future, but if I did, I would seriously consider a Sionics. My impression is that they are a good, solid product, minus a bunch of flashy advertising.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not really a huge fan of the aesthetics of their complete rifles but I have put them on my list for the next time I need a barreled upper. Why exactly are you not a fan of LMT?...

Feedback Score
    I'll second the op's experience Sionics does some great things like have Great customer service (Best i've ever had experience with). I own one of their patrol zero 16inch uppers and love that its accurate, gassed right, and imo has the right profile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Yes. We also use red Loctite on the screw.
    I've wondered, does loctite stay put under high temperature? I thought rockset would be more appropriate?

Feedback Score
    Hey Heavy,

I know this isn't directed at me but from What I have read, Rockset is much better for high temps., like what you get at the Gas Block... my .02
    I'm thinking with cut point set screws, we/you'd be good even with any of this, I'd still use it though.

Quote Originally Posted by heavygunner8 View Post
    I've wondered, does loctite stay put under high temperature? I thought rockset would be more appropriate?
    Last edited by RVTMaverick; 01-22-18 at 14:03.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by heavygunner8 View Post
    Considering myself, IG and several others have had to cut off gas blocks when installed with loctite and knurled screws, I can only imagine the fun one would have with rocksett... Think about having to start with submerging the gas block (and part of the barrel) in boiled water for at least 30 min prior to attempting removal of the screws.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast