Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 vs HK VP9 Tactical as Suppressor Host....

Feedback Score

Question Glock 17 vs HK VP9 Tactical as Suppressor Host....

I’m in the process of streamlining my gun inventory. I currently own a Glock Gen 4 17 with an ALG 6 second mount and Aimpoint T1. I really like the set up, and I intend to keep it. This summer, I purchased a HK VP9 tactical just for kicks, since it was on sale for $650 + 3 mags + 4 free mags from HK. The gun shoots well, but it really doesn’t do anything better or different than my Glock (except maybe a little bit better accuracy and trigger). Likewise, I am not a fan of the VP9’s reliaibility issues when dirt and dust is involved, although it has yet to choke on me.

Regardless, I realize things change when one attach a suppressor to any pistol. HK is known for building good pistols that run well suppressed (MK 23, HK USP tactical, etc). I own a P30, and I love how it shoots despite being DA/SA. I’ve tried it suppressed and it shoots great.

Hence, what do you folks think about the Glock 17 suppressed vs the HK VP9 tactical? If you currently run a Glock 17 Gen 4 suppressed, how do you have it set up? Barrel type and recoil spring? What is the ideal set up? The VP9 tactical is GTG to run suppressed, and all I need is sights. I wish ALG made a six second mount for the VP9.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    My suggestion: Get a kkm or bar-sto threaded barrel for the glock.

I run a 23 converted to 9 silenced and its been good so far. Accuracy is rediculous.
    “Setup” should be stock. Drop in (or fit) a threaded barrel and screw on a silencer, and your good to go.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 01-20-18 at 14:03.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    This.

My 17+6SM+Micro+SiCo Barrel+Osprey is a laser.

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    My suggestion: Get a kkm or bar-sto threaded barrel for the glock.

I run a 23 converted to 9 silenced and its been good so far. Accuracy is rediculous.
    “Setup” should be stock. Drop in (or fit) a threaded barrel and screw on a silencer, and your good to go.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I mean, you said it yourself that you shoot the VP9 more accurately, or it is more accurate for you.

I've personally never had an issue with dust/dirt, but then again I use mine in a non-desert setting.
    Last edited by Bodhi; 01-20-18 at 16:13.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I run a 17 (Gen 3) with a S3F barrel and an RMR. Runs like a top. I’ve had all of 3 ammo-related FTF’s after about 1,000 rounds through it with the can. Both of your choices are good ones, but if you’re saying you get better results with the VP9, maybe that’s the way to go.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies.

Sounds like I should try out both first. I am buying a Surefire Ryder modular 9 mm suppressor. Apparently, it has a piston that allows one to switch between 1/2-28 and 1-13.5 LH threads. I’ll probably keep the HK for now until I get the can, and try it out then. I am never letting go of my ALG six second mount + G17 combo. I love it.

Also, I see Surefire sells a ZEV barrel for the Ryder suppressor. Is Zev good to go compared to Bar Sto or KKM?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

Sounds like I should try out both first. I am buying a Surefire Ryder modular 9 mm suppressor. Apparently, it has a piston that allows one to switch between 1/2-28 and 1-13.5 LH threads. I’ll probably keep the HK for now until I get the can, and try it out then. I am never letting go of my ALG six second mount + G17 combo. I love it.

Also, I see Surefire sells a ZEV barrel for the Ryder suppressor. Is Zev good to go compared to Bar Sto or KKM?
    For the 6 second mount, what holsters still work?

EDIT: Never mind, I see that there are specially made holsters that'll work for it...
    Last edited by Bodhi; 01-21-18 at 15:09.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    For the 6 second mount, what holsters still work?

EDIT: Never mind, I see that there are specially made holsters that'll work for it...

Feedback Score
    If you already have a barrel for the HK, get a glock barrel with matching threads. Then you can swap back and forth.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    If you already have a barrel for the HK, get a glock barrel with matching threads. Then you can swap back and forth.
    True, but the Surefire Ryder has interchangeable pistons that allow this. I might as well get a 1/2-28 barrel for the glock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast