Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 17 vs HK VP9 Tactical as Suppressor Host....

Feedback Score
    All silencers (pistol) that i know of haveninterchangeable pistons. Getting two different threads will make it so you havento 1. Buy a new piston, and 2. Take your silencer apartnand change them everybtime you want to put it on the other gun.

Do you see any downside to going with the same thread on both?
    Do you see a benefit to different threads?

Edit- found a downside, difficult to find. That said bar-sto may do it, kkm can send you an unthreaded barrel and have someone local thread it. Just a thought.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 01-22-18 at 05:45.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    All silencers (pistol) that i know of haveninterchangeable pistons. Getting two different threads will make it so you havento 1. Buy a new piston, and 2. Take your silencer apartnand change them everybtime you want to put it on the other gun.

Do you see any downside to going with the same thread on both?
    Do you see a benefit to different threads?

Edit- found a downside, difficult to find. That said bar-sto may do it, kkm can send you an unthreaded barrel and have someone local thread it. Just a thought.

Thanks for the reply.

Surefire’s website has a video on how to diassemble the Ryder M Ti, and it seems fairly simple to change pistons and the threading. Likewise, I’m thinking about selling the HK VP9T, and I’ll hold onto it until I test it. Last, I may want to uss the Ryder on my 9 mm AR. I will need a 1/2-28 to 1/2-36 adaptor to make it work. Hence, i rather get the 1/2-28 model to make that easier.

The best solution would be to get a 2nd suppressor, but I doubt I’ll take the HK over the Glock. I really like my set up with the 6 second mount.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    That makes sense. I found my parts kept coming loose, so i changed my modular can a few times, decided hiw i wanted to run it, cleaned it thoughly and lock-tighted (blue) the piston. You may not have that issue, but if you do, it would make changing the piston out often a PITA, but sounds like its not your intent anyways. Just be aware it can happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12