Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My EDC flashlight and my...pretend edc flashlight. Bored on a sat watching the kids.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

My EDC flashlight and my...pretend edc flashlight. Bored on a sat watching the kids.

1. Surefire backup I have had for eternity, the switch went bad in the clicky so I put one from a scout on it so I can tail stand . Also, the bell housing aids in holding it when you are using it as a weapon light. It sucks as a weapon light because it has a low lumen second stage that invariably comes on. I stuck with clicky for this one because I find myself using the low light quit a bit.

2. Old e2e that I swapped out the head for a malkoff scout unit and put on an arisaka tail cap for momentary on and tail standing. I probably should carry this one but I do like the low light mode of the backup.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Big fan of Surefire Scouts and Backups and carry them daily. My Backup is the twisty high/low model which, IMO, is the one to get. Very tight beam though I’d like a little more spill- something more akin to an X300.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I will probably pick that one up at some point. Before I built up the E2E i was running a smaller Malkof head on the backup that essential turned it into an old e1.

Basically this...Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SF has their Tactician out, or coming out. twist head for 800 or 5 lumens. It also running with an MSRP of $150 so I am interested.

Downside I am not sure what parts interchange with the other lines or scouts. And It looks to have a single direction pocket clip.

Me. I EDC a Vtac L4. Single output and tough SOB, with exception of the pocketclips.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I’m sure I’ll probably pick up a tactician once the rush is over.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I’m sure I’ll probably pick up a tactician once the rush is over.
    Awesome. You can t&e it for me.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Malkoff is great. One of his M61 drop-ins gave new life to this old 6P Classic.

Their turnkey lights are even more robust than SFs, though I prefer the momentary ON/twist tailcap of the 6P.

The only light I truly EDC is an old Arc AAA that lives on my keychain. In terms of flashlight years, that thing is ancient, it's getting close to twenty years of service.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Oh boy, where to begin... I have a Thrunite Ti3 on my neck next to my wedding ring, another one on my key ring, a Olight S1 Baton Ti warm LED in my pocket, a Nitecore MT20C when I am out flying, and a Zebralight H32WF for in the cockpit, and a second Nitecore MT20C on my flight bag. I have dozens of other lights scattered about though, so really, I only have three lights on me at any given time, sometimes more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Fenix E12 with three light levels on a single AA, and Fenix PD32 (900 lumen, 5 modes on single 18650) on nightstand, in the truck, in the kitchen, in the get home bag. Olight 3EEOS on every keychain (single AAA, twist on, single mode).
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Its awesome to be able to upgrade and change lights with the like of Arisaka goods. Im pretty good about carrying a gun, not too good about a light handy.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast