Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My EDC flashlight and my...pretend edc flashlight. Bored on a sat watching the kids.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Malkoff MDC 1CR123A body with VME head and M361 drop-in for casual EDC;

Malkoff MD2 body with Wildcat v.6 head (1000 lumens, 90 CRI flood) for more serious use;

You can break cement blocks with a Malkoff. Abandoned the fragile/gimmicky Chinese crap long ago.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

EDC a Surefire G2X Pro in a V70 Speed Holster.

Mounted it bezel down and couldn't be happier. It's the first "duty-light" grade flashlight I ever carried after switching over from cheap chinese 18650 based lights.

The "Partial-Orange-Peel" reflector is what really gets me, how much better of a beam it is. 15 and 200 lumen options. Momentary or Click on.

Couldn't be happier based on the use and abuse it's gone through already with me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonshooter View Post
    Malkoff MDC 1CR123A body with VME head and M361 drop-in for casual EDC;

Malkoff MD2 body with Wildcat v.6 head (1000 lumens, 90 CRI flood) for more serious use;

You can break cement blocks with a Malkoff. Abandoned the fragile/gimmicky Chinese crap long ago.
    What’s the user interface like on the smaller one?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterguy View Post
    What’s the user interface like on the smaller one?
    The small light (top photo) is a MDC HA 1CR123 Body with a VME head that will accept any of their 3P or 6P drop-ins. I use the M61N single output 300 lumen drop-in with an IMR 16340 cell. I also have a M361-LMH Low-Med-High (15-80-400 lumens) that changes modes with presses of the tail switch.

The larger MD series lights can also be fitted with a high-low bezel switch that changes output with a twist of the bezel. Using any of their single output drop-ins will result in about 20 to 30 lumens on low with no PWM. The second photo is a MD2 body with a Wildcat v.6 head (1000+ lumens on high, about 30 lumens on low with the bezel loosened) with a diffuse flood pattern that creates an amazing wall of light. The light is the same size as a SF 6P - I run this one on a set of IMR 18350 cells.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12