Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boring Saturday watching my kid and her friend...check out my Doomsday Poodle shooter

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Boring Saturday watching my kid and her friend...check out my Doomsday Poodle shooter

Basically, this is my "holy crap its on!" heading out to the hellscape AR. My focus on this gun was simplicity and durability.

Basically...

Colt Pencil Barrel Carbine

Aimpoint T2 Locktited and paint penned. Zeroed for 77 grain (which is what I stock)
    Magpul BUIS. Locktited and paint penned.
    Aimpoint x6 unit
    BCM grip (I like the simplicity). I keep some batteries and lens wipes in there.
    BCM stock (again, simple but good).
    Arasaka Scout light in a mount that attaches to the factory hand guard. I like the old hand guard because it is durable as hell, doesn't get mega hot, and not held on by screws and locktite. I swapped out the click cap for a momentary only.
    Vickers sling.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Very nice, gotta love the lightweight pencil barrel (AR6720).
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I dig it. My 6720 is my favorite rifle. The balance and super light-ness is awesome.

Have you run any Gen 2 PMags in that one? Mine is just a fuzz too tight to drop Gen 2s freely. It's fine with Gen 3s and USGIs though. Teflon Okays shoot out of the magwell like greased hotdogs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Aimpoint 6X magnifier opens up a new world of shooting on RDOs. Super clean glass.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Looks great. When designing the gun, was weight a factor in barrel selection?

I tend to favor medium-heavy profile barrels and don't much care as long as I have a sling.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Noice. Sensible as can be.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I like it Greg, All bases covered to get the job done. Everything you need without the unnecessary worry of extra screws and fasteners.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice get'er done riffle. Poodles beware!
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    deleted
    Last edited by TomMcC; 01-21-18 at 01:11.

Feedback Score
    Lite is right. Well done Sir!
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast