Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody go from G19 to G43 or similar size guns? Regret it? Glad you did?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Anybody go from G19 to G43 or similar size guns? Regret it? Glad you did?

I've been carrying a G19 for a long time. Never had any issues or problems however, I'm thinking of reducing the overall size and weight of my CCW. I fully appreciate the advantages of the G19 such as capacity, reduced recoil, grip surface area etc...I have top of the line belts and holsters, so thats not the issue. It's an interesting introspective from my point of view as I'm always highly objective with decisions but some intangible is drawing me to a smaller CCW consideration.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    Considered it, personally, it was insignificant as far as daily carry was concerned, so continued with my g19. Not sure who posted a comment regarding standard capacity pistols (15rds) vs pocket pistols, it was " if you're going to carry a pistol,carry a pistol".

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Carried a G17 for a while before picking up a G43. Didn’t really like it, ended up selling it and buying a G26 instead which I really like. The G26 is my full-time carry gun while the 17 is my suppressor host. The G26 with a Magpul magazine provides both additional capacity (12 rounds) and grip length while still staying compact. It may be what you’re looking for.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I did exactly that. Have carried my G19 daily for what seems like forever. Bought the G43, shot it enough to be confident with it, now carry that everyday. OWB strong side with a spare mag on the other. Much less bulky and convenient. My achy back thanks me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don’t know if I’d call size and weight “intangibles,” but I think I get where you’re coming from.

While I understand the appeal of the micro 9s, they just don’t work for me. My biggest problem is that their grips are too thin for me to shoot well. I have long fingers, and they don’t have enough real estate to wrap around.

If I want to “carry a pistol” I’ll carry a Glock 17. If concealment is an issue I’ll carry the smallest gun that I can shoot as well (or nearly so) as a Glock 17...which means Glock 26.

If I don’t want to carry a gun the answer is airweight J-frame.

YMMV, of course. If I were you, I’d buy a G43 and give it a try...ignoring the chorus that insists “Glock 19” is always the answer.
    Last edited by Frailer; 01-21-18 at 09:34. Reason: Typo

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Me edc pistols have been either a G19 or a S&W J frame depending on dress and activity. So, the G43 wasn't too much to accept as an alternative to the J frame. Capacity was better than the J with a easier to carry and utilize reload. I shoot the thing as good as the 19, which is odd because I struggled with my old G26? I really like my 43. It shoots and carries/conceals great, and has been 100% with every type of ammo I have fed it. When I was working out of town the 43 was all I had with me and I never felt that it wasnt up to task. I primarily carry it IWB appendix with a reload on the left of my belt buckle. I'm not a big guy but I'm able to easily conceal the 43 under just a t-shirt.
    Last edited by Quiet-Matt; 01-21-18 at 09:32.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I guess the only issue I have is with magazine capacity. I have a small 9mm which I use for pocket carry when the style of clothing dictates, but it has a 12 round magazine.

If I'm not carrying in a pocket it's a 19/23 or a P229. I'm not concerned with those as to weight or size.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    I have a shield for use on occasion. My 19 is my main carry gun, but i carry the shiled when i cant hide the 19 (fitted business casual for work or other events or NPE).

Edited to fix horrific typos.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 04-04-18 at 12:23.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have a Kahr CW9 which I pocket carry on occasion, or sometimes in a Vedder light tuck holster. I'm not a big guy either, and a G19 can print under some t-shirts on me.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I went from Glock 19 AIWB to Glock 43 AIWB with spare magazine. I'm a skinny dude, so really glad I made the change with respects to concealment. However, I'm an average pistol shooter at best, and really struggling to shoot the 43 accurately. For my purposes that means a decent hit percentage in a 4 inch bull at 25 yards. At least I'm more comfortable closer in, with skill-building to continue.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast