Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody go from G19 to G43 or similar size guns? Regret it? Glad you did?

Feedback Score
    43 is way easier to carry. It’s the weight as much as the size.

Feedback Score
    G26 might be a decent way to go. It’s smaller than your 19 and you can use the same 15 round magazines for a reload if you want.

I love carrying mine.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I've tried going to small guns like J-frames and G43s a couple of times. I keep coming back to fighting-size handguns every time, though.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I had a G22, realized it was huge for concealed carry and bought a G26 and I shoot it better than any other 9mm pistol. I carry it with a plus 2 extension and a 17 round reload for a total of 30 rounds, no small number.

For places where carry is severely discouraged I carry a PM9 or S&W Bodyguard (pocket). I've gotten to where I can shoot that Bodyguard very well and fast.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    With G43 sized guns, my marksmanship is rather...mediocre. They carry well enough that I keep one around, though (Kahr CW9). My Beretta 85 conceals just as well, and holds an extra round or two, albeit a .380. I shoot it a bit better. I typically carry a full size PX4 strongside IWB, and thats what I practice with the most. I’m still looking for a Goldilocks gun, which would be just slightly smaller than a G19, particularly in thickness. Double stack guns smaller than a G19 seem to offer no concealment advantage on my frame because thickness counts, too. I have a Sig 225a1 on order, so maybe it will fit the bill for “summer carry”.

Tl;dr: I don’t “regret” my G43 sized gun, its just that I would prefer larger guns most of the time.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My wife has a G43 and sometimes I'll carry it as a lazy carry when we're together. It's extremely comfortable but as everyone says it's much harder to shoot as fast and accurate as the G19. I still consider it a 10yd and in gun, but I know other folks train further.

Normally I carry a G19 AIWB (5'6", 150lb). I had a G26 for years but the G19 allows such a better grip for drawing quickly and shooting one handed that I eventually let the 26 go. Carrying appendix the G19 is plenty small for me.

In reality a 43 with a spare mag is probably more than plenty unless you're doing LE work, but it's still not in the same league of user friendliness as the 19.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Here is a review by LAV of the G43 and Shield compared to the G19: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdYH2M7CJN4&t=2s

Feedback Score
    By 1994 I went from a 92FS to a G19.
    Same firepower, smaller package.
    It really was groundbreaking to me to have service pistol capability in that compact package.

I got a G26 when they first came out a few years later.
    I hated the flush 10 mag. At the time I did not like it with a plus zero mag extension, or with a G19 mag and spacer.

I re-visited it with the plus basepad more recently. I am a fan.

I played with the 43. Just not enough reduction for me to go with it. Will I change my mind in a decade?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I still carry my M&P 2.0C but I also have an M&P Shield that I carry frequently as well. I carry AIWB with both and both conceal very well. The Shield is definitely easier to carry though. I also hate the thinness of the grip on the Shield so I got a Hogue beaver tail grip sleeve. This one will not shift while firing. It was a bitch to install because it is so tight. I had to put the sleeve in boiling water for a minute to help it go over the Shield grip.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damn_yankee View Post
    I also hate the thinness of the grip on the Shield so I got a Hogue beaver tail grip sleeve. This one will not shift while firing. It was a bitch to install because it is so tight. I had to put the sleeve in boiling water for a minute to help it go over the Shield grip.
    Very common with these small pistols. I have done the same on everyone one I have / currently own (LCP, PPS, G42, G43).

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast