Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody go from G19 to G43 or similar size guns? Regret it? Glad you did?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Not Glocks, but I carry a P2000 on duty and a Walter PPS Gen 1 off duty. No problems to report, the PPS conceals well for me even under lighter clothing and I’m happy with my choice. If my department switches to glocks I’m planning on a 17/19/34 and 43 combo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I did exactly that. Have carried my G19 daily for what seems like forever. Bought the G43, shot it enough to be confident with it, now carry that everyday. OWB strong side with a spare mag on the other. Much less bulky and convenient. My achy back thanks me.
    Do you mind me asking which holster you chose?
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    Yea. Tried a few guns smaller than my G19.

G36 was lighter and the thinner grip actually made a difference in comfort. But I didn't like the short-length grip, extra recoil, and low mag capacity.

I then tried a S&W Shield .45 (because I really liked the Gen 2 design. This was before the Gen 2 9mm Shield came out) The gun was also a little short of frame but carried better with the six round mag than the seven round mag. So again, low capacity. I had intended to use lightweight bullets but in the end it preferred 230's. Wtih those it really wasn't that light anymore. (29 oz) Then it had a few malfunctions with JHP's and I was carrying FMJ in it. But also the trigger, while a joy to shoot with, was too light. It made me nervous. Just felt like a 4 lb single action trigger. That was really what made me reject it.

The Beretta Cheetah FS (yea, a circa 1976 design) is what got me to stop carrying my G19. The grip is fat but just the right length and very pleasant to the hand. The top and front of the gun is small and rounded and takes much less volume inside the waistband. The DA trigger adds safety, the SA trigger adds speed and accuracy. And it holds 12+1. It's lighter, too. I could go on but that's enough.

Whats funny is the belt gun I enjoyed carrying the most and replaced with a G19 for nearly 10 years was a Bulgarian Makarov 9x18 cal. The Beretta is basically the Cadillac version of the Makarov / Walther PP class of pistols. (Oh, along with the CZ82/83 I suppose
    Last edited by Ron3; 01-21-18 at 20:35.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I did this, glock 19 was my carry then went the shield 9mm route.

After a while I realised that for me there was not that big of difference and I really wanted my capacity back.

I carry the glock 19 exclusively now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I’ve carried a lot of different pistols over the 14 years I’ve had my permit. From 1911’s to kel tec p3at but mostly glocks. I carried a gen2 g19 for a long time. Can you conceal it? Of course, but can you conceal it as comfortable as a smaller weapon especially when sitting? Not at all. I guess I should say I carry iwb. So I got a g43, it’s a great gun conceals better, easier, and more comfortably iwb than g19. I use tt mag extenders a 7rd in the gun and an 8rd reload. If you wanna go single stack I think it’s a great choice. But I got a g26 a few months ago and find I can conceal it as easily and pretty much as comfortably as the g43. I carry a 10rd in the pistol and a 15rd reload. If you want more comfort but not give up a ton of capacity you my wanna try the g26

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    Do you mind me asking which holster you chose?
    Raven for both gun and magazine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I tried but I have Frailer's problems

"My biggest problem is that their grips are too thin for me to shoot well. I have long fingers, and they don’t have enough real estate to wrap around."

I've added the Hogue rubber grip sleeve to my G43. Its better but only just and the sleeve moves around. During shooting it starts to slide off. To fix that I bought a Shield. Slightly bigger gun with a slightly bigger grip. Still sucks.... along with the trigger. The only gun that size I've felt comfortable with was the old PPS M1 using the biggest back strap. I just don't like the retarded mag bases. Otherwise, if I run into one used I may trade in the Shield.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I went from a Glock 19 for daily carry to a G43. I do use the Vickers +2 base pads on my carry mags. The gun rides in a JM Custom IWB Version 2 and the spare mag is in my off hand pocket.
    When I go to work it rides on my vest as a back-up, I should probably just buy a second one.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    I went from G19 to M&P Compact (heh, not much change), to FS M&P (Screw it, I'm gonna print anyway...), to PPS (removing excuses not to strap up).

I don't regret it. I'm just still trying to find the right holster for the gun. Am I taking the easy way out? Yeah probably, but my lifestyle isn't high risk. An ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure and all that. I think I can get by with 7 or 8 rounds and a reload, beats 17+1 locked in the glove box.

Maybe I'm just getting old at 34 but I seem to be paring down on guns, simplifying my setups, and shedding weight recently... I just wanna shoot more and chase inconsequential minutia less.
    Last edited by Sry0fcr; 01-22-18 at 09:20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    I went from G19 to M&P Compact (heh, not much change), to FS M&P (Screw it, I'm gonna print anyway...), to PPS (removing excuses not to strap up).

I don't regret it. I'm just still trying to find the right holster for the gun. Am I taking the easy way out? Yeah probably, but my lifestyle isn't high risk. An ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure and all that. I think I can get by with 7 or 8 rounds and a reload, beats 17+1 locked in the glove box.

Maybe I'm just getting old at 34 but I seem to be paring down on guns, simplifying my setups, and shedding weight recently... I just wanna shoot more and chase inconsequential minutia less.
    I carry my PPS IWB at about 3:30-4 o’clock in a JM Custom Kydex holster. I like JM’s products and have several. Personally we I don’t feel undergunned with eight rounds in the gun and another eight in a support-side reload.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast