Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody go from G19 to G43 or similar size guns? Regret it? Glad you did?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    G43 was not a replacement but was originally added out of curiosity and as another tool for certain ill-defined (at the time) circumstances/situations. Yeah, I really just wanted to try a small, single-stack 9mm, and everything else I own is Glock. The G43 seemed like the way to go, and over time I've come to really enjoy that pistol. I can't say that it's "replaced" the G19, but it sees a lot of use.

I first carried my G43 in a Patriot Holsters IWB holster and a spare magazine also in one of his IWB mag pouches. Using this set up, the pistol and spare mag all but disappear. However, OWB carry is sometimes a better option and more comfortable, so I ordered a Milt Sparks 55-BN and matching mag pouch. That set up is also easily concealable even under the right t-shirt, and I don't have to worry about any allowances on pant size for IWB carry.

The G43 took a little work to get used to and comfortable with, but I'm sold on it and have gotten where I very likely carry it more than a G19, especially in warmer weather. I don't feel cheated or inadequately prepared with its more limited capacity, either.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -- Will Rogers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Personally, I did the reverse and switched my EDC from a G43 to a G19. The G43 absolutely disappeared on me and was incredibly easy to conceal. I tried an AIWB G19 set up from a friend and found that I could make a full size (well, almost) G19 disappear just as well. It was the larger aftermarket for the G19 that made me want to switch, as well as the larger round capacity. Now that I've modified my G19 extensively and run it as my EDC, I've been craving a smaller-form pistol again. Still own the G43, but I am tempted to replace it with an FNS N9c or the incoming Sig P365. The G43 for me was a literal "baby G19" and I still keep it today just because of the incredibly concealability. The fact that it weighs just over 1 pound when fully loaded is also hard to ignore.
    Last edited by nitroducky; 01-30-18 at 15:22. Reason: typo

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I went G19 to Shield and back to G19. I went G19 to XDs45 and back to G19.. I just can't seem to give up the capacity of the G19 because I keep hearing Frank Proctor whispering in my ear.. "bullets are opportunities".

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I carry both, but the G19 the vast majority of the time. For me the G43 is a 10yd and in kind of gun because I simply cannot get the hang of shooting it. Like many others the grip size it just too small. I do vaguely shoot it better with my issued Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P than I do with ball 115gr but its still meh at best. I can make it work out to 15ish or so but I would probably not willingly take a low percentage shot with that gun if I needed to. The only benefit the G43 has to me is that its stupid easy to conceal in summer clothes or when making a quick run to the store or mailbox. I'd rather dress around the G19/RMR most days, even more so since I live in the town I work and all too often see people we've recently arrested out and about.

My next couple range sessions will be almost solely based around the G43 because after last weeks range day with it I need to see if I can make this gun work or look into selling it.

Feedback Score
    I am a die hard Glock guy, but recently shot the 2.0 Shield right next to the G43. To be honest, the Shield shot tons better for me.

Odd that I am considering a Shield but it has a much better recoil impulse than did the G43...sorry.

Feedback Score
    When I first began carrying concealed, I started with a Ruger LCP. I then moved up to a Kahr PM9. I carried that for all of a few months and got a Glock 26. I preferred to carry the 26 with the gap floor plates. It helped on draw substantially. Eventually, I decided to try the 19. I have carried that ever since. After seeing this thread recently, I tried the 26 again. Yes the grip conceals better, but it's not much. The 26 may not be a 43 or a single stack 9, but there is something to be said for having a grip that you can fit your whole hand on. It inspires much more confidence. Needless to say, I'm back to the 19.
    Last edited by jschmitt08; 02-03-18 at 23:32.

Feedback Score
    I was recently visiting a friend who has a singular obsession with Glock 19s. The man owned at one point six (seven!?) of the things. But, he chose to pocket carry a G43. Or even stash it in some underoos.

A quick demo of making a Glock 19 disappear with an RCS Eidolon, then tossing the holster over to him and having him *poof* vanish a Glock 19 on his slim frame went a long way. Then, I pointed out that the holster is pre cut for an RMR and accepts suppressor height sights, stock.

I think he's sold.

My boy is tall and lanky, and if he can make a Glock 19 disappear under a thin t-shirt, just about anyone can.

A G43 is a great gun for specific circumstances. A non-permissive environment, a circumstance where your regular carry is a liability, where the dress code is such that to wear a belt is a no-go, etc. Outside of a strong extrinsic force, I see no reason to not have a Glock 19 on board.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I run both. G19 most of the time/year. G43 when it’s super warm outside and I’m wearing very light clothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Support the NRA

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Went from a G19 to a 26, then to a Shield, and have finally happily settled on a G43 about a year ago. It's my backup on my vest, and my CC when off duty. It's such a suprisingly good shooter at under 10 yards, feels great in the hand, and carries extremely well. I have the LAV/Tangodown Mag Release, Slide Stop, and Mag Baseplates. I carry it in a G Code Incog.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Went from a G19 to a 26, then to a Shield, and have finally happily settled on a G43 about a year ago. It's my backup on my vest, and my CC when off duty. It's such a suprisingly good shooter at under 10 yards, feels great in the hand, and carries extremely well. I have the LAV/Tangodown Mag Release, Slide Stop, and Mag Baseplates. I carry it in a G Code Incog.
    I started carrying a Glock 43 this week, after shooting it until my knuckle bled on Saturday vetting it out. About 300 rounds before it rubbed me bloody. I am also carrying it in a Incog. My only conflict with it is I'm not close to confident with it yet at all. I tried doing a dot drill and it was bad, really bad. Only a slight level of "It's my first time shooting a G43 consistently in years" am I giving myself. I feel my performance was unacceptable.

I pick up my G26, and 19 and instantly feel like I know everything to expect from them. I need more time on the G43 for sure, but I will make sure I have gloves on this time lol.

To add, I am not crazy about the Incog spare mag carrier. It's way bulkier than the gun holster itself, and digs in pretty hard to me. How does everyone else carry single stack spares?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast