Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Anybody go from G19 to G43 or similar size guns? Regret it? Glad you did?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Buddy did it and is happy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    I got to admit my 43 is so much more comfortable in an IWB holster than a Glock 19 is and IWB is my preferred method of carry in the Summer.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Anybody go from G19 to G43 or similar size guns? Regret it? Glad you did?

Years ago I carried a G23 then a JFrame. I tried a Seecamp .32, Beretta Tomcat .32, and Kahar’s in 9mm & .40. None of those worked for me. I stuck with a JFrame of sorts for over 15 years.

Then I had a G27 for about 5 years. It was ok but I needed an extended mag to hit anything beyond 10 yards and at that point it was the same grip length as my G23. It was too wide for pocket carry.

When I found the 9mm Shield I freaking fell in love! I’m using the Magguts +2 base for two 8 round magazines in a Purdy pocket mag pouch. I had to take the spacers off. They irritate me anyway as they never stay in place. I have the +1 Magguts in a 7 rounder in the gun. 29 rounds is damn respectable. I still have a pair of Desantis single pocket mag pouches.

I wanted to love the G43 but it’s way too small for my hand. The Shield is a perfect balance for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 04-08-18 at 10:42.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Smaller, Lighter, Comfortable are always welcome in my book. For now my Shield and LCP rule he day...one day maybe he 365 can replace my Shield, but I don't see the LCP going away.
    The Jeep is Family

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789