Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unit 731

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Unit 731

No doubt some of you are aware of Unit 731. For those who are not aware, Unit 731 was a Japanese unit focused mostly on biological and chemical warfare. They did horrible experiments on people to see what biological and chemical agents worked, which was the goal of that unit. Many are aware we didn't prosecute various German scientists as they had valuable tech. Many not aware we didn't prosecute for war crimes those of Unit 731 because of our interest in their "research" into biological/chemical weapons. There experiments were some of the most horrific war crimes of the entire war, ever bit as horrible as anything Josef Mengele did, and on a larger scale. It was decided their work was of such value, it should not be exposed via war crime prosecutions,

And contrary to claims, per that doc, they did some of those experiments on POWs. Let that sink in for a minute...

If you have not read up on that topic, this is a good read. Not our finest moment in my view

Department of Justice Official Releases Letter Admitting U.S. Amnesty of Japan’s Unit 731 War Criminals

In the letter, Rosenbaum admitted to Cooper that after World War II the United States government had classified records pertaining to a Japanese military unit that engaged in biological warfare experimentation and field trials on humans.

The letter, one of two released to this author, confirmed the U.S. “essentially assisted Japan in covering up the atrocities perpetrated by the unit.”

Cont:

https://medium.com/@jeff_kaye/depart...s-9b7da41d8982
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Go watch Men Behind the Sun.

It is way more grim than Schindler's List.

While the Germans hanged, the Japanese all went on to prestigious healthcare jobs in Japan.

There is even a little meat to the rumors that biological weapons were used on the Chinese and Norks in the 1950s. Some former 731 people acting as advisors to the US were there.

You didn't think all those waves of ChiComs and Norks were done in solely by .30 cal machine guns and Garands, did you?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    You didn't think all those waves of ChiComs and Norks were done in solely by .30 cal machine guns and Garands, did you?
    Sometimes it is better that we don't know some things.
    Some of the shit I know happened in past and current... Yeah, just better that it was forgotten. And that is all I will say on open.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Unit 731

Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Some of the shit I know happened in past and current... Yeah, just better that it was forgotten. And that is all I will say on open.
    So, you’re ok with just forgetting that someone raped your wife and daughter and then brutally murdered them or you think justice should prevail?

If we can secretly surveil Americans without revealing sources, these pieces of human garbage should have been run through a wood chipper in downtown Tokyo with the entire nation watching. Charges are crimes against humanity.

The instant we decide to forget these things happened is the instant we doom our kids into repeating them. I know 100% that I don’t want to have my kids vivisectioned by animals if I can help it.

IMO we chose to not go after them cause we felt like crap for vaporizing a couple hundred thousand of their citizens. Maybe even had a sealed agreement to that effect.
    Last edited by TAZ; 01-21-18 at 16:02.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    So, you’re ok with just forgetting that someone raped your wife and daughter and then brutally murdered them or you think justice should prevail?

If we can secretly surveil Americans without revealing sources, these pieces of human garbage should have been run through a wood chipper in downtown Tokyo with the entire nation watching. Charges are crimes against humanity.

The instant we decide to forget these things happened is the instant we doom our kids into repeating them. I know 100% that I don’t want to have my kids vivisectioned by animals if I can help it.

IMO we chose to not go after them cause we felt like crap for vaporizing a couple hundred thousand of their citizens. Maybe even had a sealed agreement to that effect.
    I never said that, but don't for a second think that autrocities haven't been done on both sides. Perhaps the horrors on our end were not as great, but do not assume we have not wiped villages off the map and then covered them up or made them disappear. Because we have.

War is hell. And man is capable of the greatest horrors of that hell.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Victims were “Marutas” aka “logs” for vivisection. Just legitimate, duly authorized medical procedures.

Lucky for us civilized types that we would never do that sort of thing here.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    I'd say the total opposite. You know what they say about those who ignore history...
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Victims were “Marutas” aka “logs” for vivisection. Just legitimate, duly authorized medical procedures.

Lucky for us civilized types that we would never do that sort of thing here.
    Indeed. It's not like we would purposefully infect a buncha poor black folks with Syphilis or secretly sterilize Irish and Black women under the auspices of "family planning"

....oh wait....

As nasty as stuff used to be, I'm sure equally bad stuff is happening now. We just don't know what.

Caveat: This is just what I heard from on older medical type in college. No source, could be BS, could be true, but....I knew a guy (passed on now) once said that HIV infected in blood banks in certain metropolitan areas wasn't totally screened with due diligence. He posited that in certain areas with violent crime and shootings where blood may be issued that TPTB at the time (1980s) thought AIDS could wipe out a lot of undesirables. Everbody thought he was a crazy old hippie who taught biology but thinking about it in retrospect.....
    Last edited by Firefly; 01-21-18 at 16:55.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I've tried to bring this up to people over the years, but generally nobody has any idea what I'm talking about. I never learned about it in school, even college. Not even a footnote. Nor was there any mention of the way our POWs were treated by the Japanese. Perhaps because people don't want to admit such horrible things happened, I don't know. Either way it would seem that these stories are doomed to be lost to the ages.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'd say the total opposite. You know what they say about those who ignore history...
    Maybe, but only if you are willing to expose both sides. If you want to wxpose only one side then what better is one side if the other did the same or even possibily worse? Be that chemical, bio, or just straight murder. If we want to talk body counts Nazi germany and Soviet Russia are probably the top two in the past 100 or 200 years. But The US is not as far behind as some may think. And as horrible as the actions of our enemies have been, we are not the rightious crusaders of justices that some wish. And I say this knowing of those who admit having done things that were not sanctioned in war. And I leave it at that.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast