Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder Ranch Standard Rifle

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Thunder Ranch Standard Rifle

Does anyone have one of these? I'm curious if this is a good setup for a lightweight no-frills rifle that is of excellent quality.

https://thunderranchinc.com/firearms/

Thanks
    Last edited by Clay; 01-21-18 at 19:37.

Feedback Score
    You can get a KAC SR15 for just a few bucks more and you will most likely be happier in the long run. The Thunder Ranch appears overpriced for the parts used...unless you like Thunder Ranch.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Overpriced by a lot

Feedback Score
    I can’t see what this rifle would do better than a factory BCM for less. It doesn’t really seem “no frills” either as it has upgraded furniture, trigger, and a free-float rail. You could get a Colt 6720 for about $800 and have $1200 to customize it. Or look at Sionics. Lots of good options these days without going with this rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Wow! In this market?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why can I see through that lower? Not even going to get into the minutia of the rifle and what I want to know about it before I'd lay money down.

Yeah, I don't see where that is even reasonable considered with other options that are readily available out there.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    It has a ballistic advantage BCG, while prob not junk, isn't close to top tier. Prob a BA barrel as well if I had to guess. $60 trigger upgrade. That doesn't add up to anywhere near the price. You could build better quality for under 1k. Guessing only their fanboys who don't know any better are buying these

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Considering the custom machined lower receiver (with questionable utility), Thunder Ranch name on the side, and likely limited production, an asking price of 2 grand doesn't seem too unreasonable.....as long as you don't compare it to BCM, DD, or Colt.

I'm sure they'll sell enough of them to make the offering worth the effort, but likely not to M4C regulars.
    Last edited by grizzman; 01-21-18 at 20:41.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The previous Thunder Ranch rifle was a collaboration with Noveske. I guess they decided to go with someone else.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast