Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Thunder Ranch Standard Rifle

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    One thing Clint stresses is that it doesn't matter what rifle you fight with as long as you fight.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    One thing Clint stresses is that it doesn't matter what rifle you fight with as long as you fight.
    That’s certainly solid advice. I like his sense of humor. I like it when someone does not take themselves too seriously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wetidlerjr View Post
    No. There was another linking to his YouTube page where he was holding the carbine gassed, 20" barreled , scoped AR. The link then soon went dead as apparently the vid got pulled. He didnt so much specifically defend his choices on this rifle as he defended his personal history using AR rifles dating back to vietnam and about how the rifle functions just fine. He seemed a bit excited and the ADD pigeon English was turned up to 11 leading to folks hen pecking what he said and how it was said.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Mmmm. Speed holes.

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sgtrock82 View Post
    No. There was another linking to his YouTube page where he was holding the carbine gassed, 20" barreled , scoped AR. The link then soon went dead as apparently the vid got pulled. He didnt so much specifically defend his choices on this rifle as he defended his personal history using AR rifles dating back to vietnam and about how the rifle functions just fine. He seemed a bit excited and the ADD pigeon English was turned up to 11 leading to folks hen pecking what he said and how it was said.
    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    OK Thanks!

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score

Thunder Ranch Standard Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Let’s play devil’s advocate. If it doesn’t matter what rifle we fight with, does that mean it’s a pass from Clint to go with a PSA? How about a 10/22? What about a .22 bolt action? Should a guy on a SWAT team put his fellow officers at risk with an inadequate rifle because “it doesn’t matter what rifle you fight with”?

Such a quote seems to preemptively provide forgiveness for bad decision. It’s irresponsible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shiv; 01-29-18 at 11:47.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shiv View Post
    Let’s play devil’s advocate. If it doesn’t matter what rifle we fight with, does that mean it’s a pass from Clint to go with a PSA? How about a 10/22? What about a .22 bolt action? Should a guy on a SWAT team put his fellow officers at risk with an inadequate rifle because “it doesn’t matter what rifle you fight with”?

Such a quote seems to preemptively provide forgiveness for bad decision. It’s irresponsible.
    I think we can easily take things to extremes by being too literal. In your SWAT example for instance, would a guy be deploying with a rifle he hasn't trained with and one which doesn't meet team standards?

My take is I'd rather face and idiot with an M4 than a tactically sound man with a .22. Steinbeck said it best - The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

People often deride hardware solutions (fancy guns and gear) to software problems (mindset, situational awareness, trigger time).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I think we can easily take things to extremes by being too literal. In your SWAT example for instance, would a guy be deploying with a rifle he hasn't trained with and one which doesn't meet team standards?

My take is I'd rather face and idiot with an M4 than a tactically sound man with a .22. Steinbeck said it best - The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

People often deride hardware solutions (fancy guns and gear) to software problems (mindset, situational awareness, trigger time).
    Agreed 100%. However, we are looking at the details of the sword. Are there flaws, has it been ndt tested? Is the temper proper? Has it been [assembled] properly.

A colt is known to be a reliable standard. Back to the OP, does this rifle meet that standard?
    Since the OP is asking, we can forget the “its for people who dont shop around” mentality, as the OP is searching.
    Is it a no-frills rifle? Is it excellent quality?
    Id say is “low frills”. I cant comment on the quality. I skipped that last page or two of the thead, so if i missed it- forgive me.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 01-29-18 at 14:24.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shiv View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess I didn't quite put that right. What he's saying is, it doesn't matter what rifle you use if you do not fight. He doesn't care if you use a PSA or a Colt, as long as it's squared away. What he cares about is that you fight. He stresses personal responsibility, responsibility to your team and to make your choices accordingly.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 01-29-18 at 18:32.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If that abomination had anyone else’s name on it this thread would be shut down because “M4 isn’t about hobby rifles”.

This thread is more a commentary on the degraded quality of this forum as the quality of that rifle.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011