Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder Ranch Standard Rifle

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    His rifle designs are certainly not my cup of tea ,but his experience shooting is to be respected.Those rifles for the price point are severely lacking in features when you compare them to others.I'm sure they'll sell but you can put together the same rifle minus mag cutout for probably 1k less.

The 20"one just leaves me scratching my head.

Feedback Score
    Battle Rifle Company is a great group of 100% veterans producing high quality rifles. Another one worth looking in to.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Deleted due to low knowledge base.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-07-18 at 21:47.

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 03scgt View Post
    His rifle designs are certainly not my cup of tea ,but his experience shooting is to be respected.Those rifles for the price point are severely lacking in features when you compare them to others.I'm sure they'll sell but you can put together the same rifle minus mag cutout for probably 1k less.
    The 20"one just leaves me scratching my head.
    My thoughts are about the same. I would be interested to hear from some of the SMEs on here concerning dwell time on the 20 incher.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    According to one of his videos, the short rail on the long barrel was to cut weight where he didn't want it or want it added to avoid being front heavy.

Feedback Score
    Looks kinda like an era3 lower.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=LDB;2588653]Battle Rifle Company is a great group of 100% veterans producing high quality rifles. Another one worth looking in to.[/QUOTE

I remember correctly those are the the guys that brought a rife with an exposed gas tube to the shot show, and defended it as being a duty rifle. They also had their flash suppressor come apart in around a thousand rounds.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    BRC made an AR with a short hand guard and lengthy exposed gas tube, and supposedly an agency saw it and said it looked cool or intimidating, so they kept it and defended the decision. They haven't done it again, they got a lot of bad press and ridiculing for it.
    Last edited by Duffy; 01-22-18 at 15:23.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LDB View Post
    Battle Rifle Company is a great group of 100% veterans producing high quality rifles. Another one worth looking in to.
    Nice shill for a company that spews BS like this.....
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...rifle-company/
    On a related note, Chris told me about a Marine sniper who had a problem with his issued rifle. None of the Marine armorers could fix it, so he was given permission by his commanding officer to buy a commercial rifle. The Marine bought a BR4 and was allowed to deploy with it. Chris told me that the sniper made “twenty or thirty kills” with the rifle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Lets get back on Topic.
    While the TR rifle isn't my style, I can appreciate the reasoning behind the design.

I also doubt Mr. Smith cares what any of us think. One of the reasons I respect the man is his "Don't give a f*ck" attitude. He knows what he knows and has gained that knowledge through a lot of experience. Even when I don't agree with something he says, you better believe I pay attention and listen because he usually has damn good reason for saying what he does.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast