Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best 18650's For Flashlight

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Before I started this thread I googled it. There is a thread on the CPF. It is way too technical for a dumb ass like me. It also only discussed ratings and output levels. I figured on here I would get some durability info.
    This was my thought too. I've looked around at candlepower forums. The intro threads blow right over my head, and I'd feel too dumb starting a new post that just says, "Tell me (a moron) what to buy for my Streamlght". Those guys are serious about flashlights.

Another good source that gets over looked is the e-cig vapor users. They all use 18650's and you can find a lot of battery reviews on YouTube.
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirk208 View Post
    This was my thought too. I've looked around at candlepower forums. The intro threads blow right over my head, and I'd feel too dumb starting a new post that just says, "Tell me (a moron) what to buy for my Streamlght". Those guys are serious about flashlights.
    They have charts and graphs all kinds of technical terms. Then its whether or not this brand is just a re-badged Panasonic. Then once they figure out it is a Panasonic then is it a true Panasonic 8675309 or not.

I got that it is not just about capacity, you need constant high output. A battery can have high capacity but be regulated to a lower max output and that is not what you need for a light.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirk208 View Post
    Another good source that gets over looked is the e-cig vapor users. They all use 18650's and you can find a lot of battery reviews on YouTube.
    IDK if that is 100% true or not. I was told that the vape stuff puts different loads on the batteries.
    Last edited by EzGoingKev; 01-24-18 at 06:10.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    IDK if that is 100% true or not. I was told that the vape stuff puts different loads on the batteries.
    They do have different loads, but they are still 18650's for the most part. Like I mentioned previously, you just need to buy the cell that will match your devices current drain. The capacity is 2nd. Although there is a newer 20700 & 21700 battery format that takes capacity well into the 4000mAh+ category that devices are being made for. It's just a little taller and wider.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12