Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pistol spitting with suppressor

Feedback Score
    My 9mm PPQ Navy which came with a factory threaded barrel came with two recoil spring assemblies. Is yours the SD version that came with a threaded barrel or are you using an aftermarket barrel?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Threaded barrel came with the gun. I will call Walther after SHOT and ask them if there was supposed to be a second spring and why its spitting
    Last edited by davidk; 01-23-18 at 18:43.

Feedback Score
    My guess is that it's unlocking too early. How far is it tossing the spent cases with and without the can?

BTW, good luck with their customer service. Although their guns are (mostly) great, their customer service is some of the worst I've encountered. If something's an easy fix, then they can usually handle it. However, if it requires thought, then they don't take ownership of the problem.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by davidk View Post
    Threaded barrel came with the gun. I will call Walther after SHOT and ask them if there was supposed to be a second spring and why its spitting
    Make sure to use the term blowback !
    Last edited by Smokin338; 01-24-18 at 14:44.

Feedback Score
    If you find a solution, please post it. I've experienced the same thing with my 9mm PPQ and a friend's 9mm Silencerco Osprey.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Where exactly is the excess carbon gas spitting from?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Where exactly is the excess carbon gas spitting from?
    It's not the gas so much, it's the particles striking the shooter's face that's the issue. Particles are coming from the chamber, same as every other firearm/can combo with this issue. The pressure in the barrel is higher than normal at the moment the casing extracts, so some little chunks of stuff pop out of the chamber and fly rearwards.

It feels like someone pointing a sand blasting hose at your face and giving the lever little pops when you fire.
    Last edited by Aries144; 01-25-18 at 08:46.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I called customer support. The person that I talked to spoke to the "gunsmith" who said that I should contact the suppressor company. I explained for a second time that it only happens with the Walther, not other guns. He said "yes Sir." USELESS.

He did state that it only comes with one spring.
    Last edited by davidk; 01-25-18 at 10:57.

Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear that Walther customer service is still not taking ownership of their problems. I'd tell you about all the crap they put me through, but it would derail the thread and wouldn't get you any closer to a solution.

I suggest posting about this issue on waltherforums.com. The members there have been very helpful to me.

Feedback Score
    You can always try wolff springs. I had good reliability with mine.
    Like anything else, vett it before trusting it, but they seem highly regarded.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast