I rarely come across deals at the right time. But several years ago I was on the look out for a lightweight .30-06 to upgrade from my 1935 Savage Sporter. Came across a new Sako A7 Stainless in the Cabelas discount/used rack for $750. I knew nothing about Sako but the bolt was super smooth, the trigger was light and crisp (for hunting rifle) and the stock fit me perfectly. It turned out to be a great shooting iron, more accurate than me and a pleasure to use on bench or freehand.

It looks somewhat like a Tikka T3, but the mags are metal lined (and even more expensive! But less than a Sako 85 all metal), it has a three position safety, metal bolt shroud, open bridge, nicer synthetic stock, and the mag release has a kind of safety so it can't accidentally be released). I've never seen another A7 anywhere near this price, usually more like $1,000; and it is rare to see an A7 at all. That is why I am posting to see if this is rare thing in the States or just not talked much about. I did buy a blued Tikka T3 hunter in 6.5x55 and it seems they must use the same barrel making as it is pretty accurate for that cartridge.

Any love for the A7?