Thread: Any other Sako A7 owners ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Any other Sako A7 owners ?

I rarely come across deals at the right time. But several years ago I was on the look out for a lightweight .30-06 to upgrade from my 1935 Savage Sporter. Came across a new Sako A7 Stainless in the Cabelas discount/used rack for $750. I knew nothing about Sako but the bolt was super smooth, the trigger was light and crisp (for hunting rifle) and the stock fit me perfectly. It turned out to be a great shooting iron, more accurate than me and a pleasure to use on bench or freehand.

It looks somewhat like a Tikka T3, but the mags are metal lined (and even more expensive! But less than a Sako 85 all metal), it has a three position safety, metal bolt shroud, open bridge, nicer synthetic stock, and the mag release has a kind of safety so it can't accidentally be released). I've never seen another A7 anywhere near this price, usually more like $1,000; and it is rare to see an A7 at all. That is why I am posting to see if this is rare thing in the States or just not talked much about. I did buy a blued Tikka T3 hunter in 6.5x55 and it seems they must use the same barrel making as it is pretty accurate for that cartridge.

Any love for the A7?

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Any other Sako A7 owners ?

Yep, I have one and love it. Very very accurate.

I bought it when they were first released for around $650.

They went up to like $1200 shortly afterward and it made more sense to buy an 85 at that price point, so I timed the purchase well.

Last edited by HKGuns; 01-22-18 at 21:18.

Feedback Score
    I have had a Sako A7 Roughtech in 270 Winchester for two years now and absolutely LOVE this rifle. Accurate. Bolt operates like oiled glass. Trigger is very crisp and light. Simply an outstanding package.
    This one I'll keep.