Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 13.7" Midlength?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    after going from a 16" mid length to a 14.5 mind length ...... Id say most users coming back and saying the shorter barrel has less 'recoil' is probably a placebo effect? If anything I noticed recoil go UP when moving to the shorter barrel, but that could be because of a change in MD too.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    I just ordered Triarc Sytems 13.7" Track Barrel which is a mid-Length. Hurry up SHOT show and end so I can get my stuff! ...Will report back once I get everything put together. But good to know there's another option on the market.

https://www.triarcsystems.com/rifles...ck-barrel.html

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msnyder0609 View Post
    I just ordered Triarc Sytems 13.7" Track Barrel which is a mid-Length. Hurry up SHOT show and end so I can get my stuff! ...Will report back once I get everything put together. But good to know there's another option on the market.

https://www.triarcsystems.com/rifles...ck-barrel.html
    Same.

Also, Weapon Outfitters offers the Dead Air flash hider as an option for their 13.7" upper bundle. That's another muzzle device option.
    Last edited by AAMP84; 01-24-18 at 11:26.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    after going from a 16" mid length to a 14.5 mind length ...... Id say most users coming back and saying the shorter barrel has less 'recoil' is probably a placebo effect? If anything I noticed recoil go UP when moving to the shorter barrel, but that could be because of a change in MD too.
    my experience is that my 13.7 mid gas/H2 buffer has more felt recoil than my 16" carbine gas/H2 buffer, and my 10.3" carbine gas/H2 buffer. All using XM193, unsuppressed.

The 13.7" rifle is also the lightest and best balanced rifle I own. The 10.3 is the heaviest.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAMP84 View Post
    Same.

Also, Weapon Outfitters offers the Dead Air flash hider as an option for their 13.7" upper bundle. That's another muzzle device option.
    I believe the Battlecomp 51.0 is long enough to reach 16.1+" as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    One other reason is that a pinned KX5 brings the 13.7" barrel up to 16".

The 13.7 mid is a tiny bit shorter than ideal for normal unsuppressed use, but nothing to really worry about.

There are 12.5" mids out there that reportedly run well.

The 13.7 should actually be great for mixed suppressed use, especially if cut down from a 14.5 or 16" mid.
    Thats what I was going for. Seeing if the carbine vs mid was the way to go for the length I wanted. Is there a simple calculation to figure out what the best gas port would be? Or is it more of a ballpark number?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grip View Post
    I believe the Battlecomp 51.0 is long enough to reach 16.1+" as well.
    Not unless they are doing something not listed on their webpage. They say 2.39? Typical thread length is .400... 2.39 minus .40 + 1.99 leaving you .31 short of 16" plus the crush washer. A 3rd of an inch would be a hell of a crush washer.

Feedback Score
    Reaaaaally? Thats intriguing. I am going SBR for this particular build, though my original thought was how sweet a Sandman K would be on a 13.7 upper...That would free up an SBR lower. Hmmmm...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    One other reason is that a pinned KX5 brings the 13.7" barrel up to 16".

The 13.7 mid is a tiny bit shorter than ideal for normal unsuppressed use, but nothing to really worry about.

There are 12.5" mids out there that reportedly run well.

The 13.7 should actually be great for mixed suppressed use, especially if cut down from a 14.5 or 16" mid.
    Wouldn't a 13.7" mid have roughly the same dwell time as a 11.5" carbine, what with the gas port being 2" further out?

Granted, the bullet is going faster there, but still...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grip View Post
    my experience is that my 13.7 mid gas/H2 buffer has more felt recoil than my 16" carbine gas/H2 buffer, and my 10.3" carbine gas/H2 buffer. All using XM193, unsuppressed.

The 13.7" rifle is also the lightest and best balanced rifle I own. The 10.3 is the heaviest.
    Interesting. My 10.3 recoil is what I consider to be pretty tame. I know we all laugh when the word recoil comes up but I figured there would be less felt between the two. Considering a 10.3 can be pretty rough. I did spend a long time tinkering with the setup between correct buffer and gas port size.
    Quote Originally Posted by msnyder0609 View Post
    Reaaaaally? Thats intriguing. I am going SBR for this particular build, though my original thought was how sweet a Sandman K would be on a 13.7 upper...That would free up an SBR lower. Hmmmm...
    I’ve been eyeing a reason to get a K. This might just be the ticket. I was originally going to throw it on a sbr lower but this puts me in the same boat as you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast