Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 13.7" Midlength?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msnyder0609 View Post
    I received the Triarc 13.7" Track barrel today. Won't be able to shoot it for a few days, but I wanted to post a bit of info for you guys now that I have it in hand.

It measures exactly 13.75. Trying to be as accurate as possible with calipers (no pin gauges on hand) the port appears to be roughly .077.

In regards to the barrel length. For those considering pinning a Dead Air flash hider, it looks like a spacer would be needed to get to 16.1. 13.75 + 2.70 = 16.45, subtract .60 (right?) for the threads and that puts you at 15.85.

Attachment 50159
    Attachment 50160
    Attachment 50161
    I own that one. I've wrongly assumed it was at 16" without confirming the overall length when threaded down. Failing to account for the loss of length when subtracting the length of the threads, I've unintentionally ill informing a few guys as a result of my incomplete math. Excuse me while I go make things right.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I received the Triarc 13.7" Track barrel today. Won't be able to shoot it for a few days, but I wanted to post a bit of info for you guys now that I have it in hand.

It measures exactly 13.75. Trying to be as accurate as possible with calipers (no pin gauges on hand) the port appears to be roughly .077.

That one should be a good shooter.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Had my first outting with 13.7 mid length Track barrel today. I'm sure it's more accurate than I am a shooter. I zero at 50, here's a few 5 round groups (top left and the one circled) with my plinking handloads which are 25gr h335 under a 55gr Hornady FMJ.

R4nrZw.jpg
    KJsDQt.jpg

Will report back once I've had a chance to run it unsuppressed to comment on how smooth it shoots. Think I had a little gas leak today. Couldn't get it to cycle unsuppressed with the lightest A5 buffer, and had to continually open up the gas on the Bootleg carrier throughout day to get lockback with the can on. There was a little carbon on the top of the barrel. Swapped gas block to a Geissele and put in a new roll pin. Will see what happens! If that doesn't do it, I'll swap carriers as I'm confident that the Bootleg carrier does bleed a little gas even in the wide open setting. Drop that carrier into any other gun and it makes the gun shoot softer.

Feedback Score
    Had my first outting with 13.7 mid length Track barrel today. I'm sure it's more accurate than I am a shooter. I zero at 50, here's a few 5 round groups (top left and the one circled) with my plinking handloads which are 25gr h335 under a 55gr Hornady FMJ.

R4nrZw.jpg
    KJsDQt.jpg

Will report back once I've had a chance to run it unsuppressed to comment on how smooth it shoots. Think I had a little gas leak today. Couldn't get it to cycle unsuppressed with the lightest A5 buffer, and had to continually open up the gas on the Bootleg carrier throughout day to get lockback with the can on. There was a little carbon on the top of the barrel. Swapped gas block to a Geissele and put in a new roll pin. Will see what happens! If that doesn't do it, I'll swap carriers as I'm confident that the Bootleg carrier does bleed a little gas even in the wide open setting. Drop that carrier into any other gun and it makes the gun shoot softer.
    I emailed Triarc about port size and they told me it was a .073". Regardless of that i'm curious how it turns out for you. I'm using the same rail, suppressor, buffer setup, and the Bootleg bolt carrier. So I will be following this closely. Thanks everyone for the help so far.

Feedback Score
    Alright, I got out with the 13.7 today and here are my findings. I got my gas leak figured out. That was certainly the case. A different gas block fixed the issue.

Now, If running this barrel with the Bootleg suppressed carrier, in its "unsuppressed mode," you will likely need to run full pressure ammo. Using my handloads (25gr h335 under a 55gr hornady), I was getting lockback at the beginning of the day in the unsuppressed setting on the carrier. Once I got another 50 rounds or so down range it started to fail to lock back. This was using the A5H0 buffer and stock Vltor spring. Shooting full pressure Wolf Gold I had no issues with the A5H0 buffer. I shot about 200 rounds of that today.

If you're planning on shooting low pressure ammo, unsuppressed, I would recommend using a standard carrier, or even better, an LMT enhanced carrier. Now I should have tossed a bolt in the BCM carrier I had on hand to see how "something in the middle" would run. I'll do that next time out. But for today, I was achieving bolt lock back with my hand loads using the LMT carrier and a Vltor A5H3 buffer...Interesting right? It's been known that the LMT will help undergassed guns to run. But this also backs up my suspicions that the Bootleg carrier does bleed off a little gas, even in the unsuppressed setting. The contrast between the two is just too drastic for it not to be bleeding a little gas off.

All in all the Track 13.7 is a real smooth shooter. Coupled with the A5 system, it's pretty ridiculous. So far, so good!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have you had the chance to shoot this barrel anymore? I'm interested in it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by corey4 View Post
    Have you had the chance to shoot this barrel anymore? I'm interested in it.
    I haven't had a chance to shoot it much more. I'm actually waiting on a Dead Air flash hider to show up to see if it does indeed bring it to 16. There are a few retailers saying it in fact does, so I wanted to give that a shot. That'd free up an SBR lower for me and give me an excuse to buy a Dead Air can. Otherwise, all I can say is I plan on running the 13.7 with the LMT enhanced carrier, as I can push an A5H3 buffer, even with its small gas port.

Will report back on the flash hider length when I get it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I haven't had a chance to shoot it much more. I'm actually waiting on a Dead Air flash hider to show up to see if it does indeed bring it to 16. There are a few retailers saying it in fact does, so I wanted to give that a shot. That'd free up an SBR lower for me and give me an excuse to buy a Dead Air can. Otherwise, all I can say is I plan on running the 13.7 with the LMT enhanced carrier, as I can push an A5H3 buffer, even with its small gas port.

Will report back on the flash hider length when I get it.
    I'm pretty sure the flash hider by itself isn't long enough. You need a shim set or a spacer like the BEM solid washer.

https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/be-...id-washer.html

Eta: just realized we already discussed the flash hider in this thread. Following too many 13.7" threads and can't keep track
    Last edited by AAMP84; 02-16-18 at 17:38.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AAMP84 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the flash hider by itself isn't long enough. You need a shim set or a spacer like the BEM solid washer.

https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/be-...id-washer.html

Eta: just realized we already discussed the flash hider in this thread. Following too many 13.7" threads and can't keep track
    Ya, with my math it didnt add up either with the flash hider being 2.70. Though if its 2.75, with a half inch of threads thats exactly 16. We shall see! Good to know BE makes that washer. Otherwise I was going to get a Griffin Armament over travel stop, same thing, just with a little notch on the bottom.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Came across this in another 13.7" thread:
    https://adcofirearms.com/shop/catego...es/kac-spacer/

Do you need to worry about the muzzle device having enough purchase on the barrel threads if its being pinned and welded? Just curious how large of a spacer can be used.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast