Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential ATF bump stock ban opens a can of worms

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    This is a good case for term limits.
    This is the one failure of our founding fathers. I find it hard to believe that they meant for individuals to make a career out of politics. I also think they would be shocked by the salaries and the retirement that just a one term congressman gets.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Deleted due to low knowledge base.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-07-18 at 21:30.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Personally I find it more interested that many people haven't already grasped the fact that these people think like this....
    I just find myself flabbergasted by the existence of so many people who are basically literal parodies of the progressive movement. The modern Left has actually reached the point where they have now surpassed any satirical portrayal of them one could come up with, and that, to me is just nuts.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    100%

Two wolves and a sheep muh brotha.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It was. We aren't a Democracy. We are a Republic. As such we elect people who pull these stunts. Because most people are lazy and dont consider who they vote for.

We get the government we deserve.

This is a good case for term limits.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/02/0...achusetts-ban/

Only A Few Bump Stocks Turned In To Police Despite Massachusetts Ban
    ESSEX (CBS) – Essex Police Chief Peter Silva held up a bump stock that someone turned in this week as the Massachusetts ban on the devices went into effect. “To my knowledge, this is the only one that’s been turned in to date,” he said.

State Police said they received three bump stocks and one trigger crank, as Massachusetts now becomes the first state in the country to make the devices illegal.

Controversy has swirled around them ever since a gunman used one to essentially turn a semi-automatic weapon into an automatic one, unleashing hundreds of rounds on a crowd of concertgoers in Los Vegas.

Feedback Score
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...y-9-10-oppose/

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) received 36,000 comments on proposed backdoor bump stock gun control, and 85 percent of those who commented said they opposed it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    This is the one failure of our founding fathers. I find it hard to believe that they meant for individuals to make a career out of politics. I also think they would be shocked by the salaries and the retirement that just a one term congressman gets.
    Until the Seventeenth Amendment, Senators were elected by each state's legislature. Thus guaranteeing a turnover at least as often as the state's legislature.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

DOJ Releases Bump Stock Ban Notice

NO GRANDFATHERING. TURN THEM IN OR DESTROY THEM.

NOTICE OF PROPOSED RULEMAKING

Feedback Score
    Can they do that??

Force you to turn them in, even though they were legal when you bought them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    Can they do that??

Force you to turn them in, even though they were legal when you bought them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    They can realistically do whatever the hell they want to honestly. I feel like it will be very difficult to enforce though.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast