Hi Folks,

I have been busting at the seams for the last several weeks with knowledge that I could not share until just now, but following their success in producing modern semi-auto copies of the early AR-15s like the 601, XM16E1, M16A1, and XM177E1, Brownells has just announced (in the last few minutes) that they will be releasing this year for sale semi-auto copies of the original Dutch AR-10s! As the author of the Collector Grade Publications book on the topic and the recent article on retro AR-10s in Firearms News's Big Retro Edition, I am happy to reveal that I will be testing and evaluating one of these rifles, and my review of it, in comparison to my 1959-production original Portuguese-issue AR-10, will be appearing soon in Firearms News with lots of glorious photos.

Contractually, I can't say much more of what I know, and won't be giving my impressions of the T&E gun until I write my review for Firearms News, but my editor Vince DeNiro is at SHOT Show right now, and as he sends me photos of the unveiling, I will be sharing them with y'all here.

I am sure I am not alone in champing at the bit to get my hands on this rifle, and the last few weeks have seemed like an eternity!