Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waco on Paramount TV (formerly Spike)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Waco on Paramount TV (formerly Spike)

Check it out if you can. So far fair and balanced. Backtracking to Ruby Ridge and did NOT gloss over the Vicki Weaver shooting at all.

6 part miniseries.

Giving a fair shake to both the FBI and the BDs. Source material is two separate books by a BD survivor and one of the FBI Negotiators.

ATF getting the dozens somethin' fierce from both sides.
    Wake the f*ck up, Samurai

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Yea I have it recorded will watch as it goes along ! I work while its on so always catch up on the weekends ! Hope it maintains a decent story(facts) from both sides !

Feedback Score
    I saw it. Not bad.

How about when they were fixing the roof; "I assumed the burden of sex for all of us....but not for my own kicks"! WTF, people followed that guy. I don't get it.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    I saw it. Not bad.

How about when they were fixing the roof; "I assumed the burden of sex for all of us....but not for my own kicks"! WTF, people followed that guy. I don't get it.

NYH1.
    IKR! People think sex is a "sin" but without it, none of us would be here.

I dont think the BDs were bad people in and of themselves, but some people just want to follow someone else thinking they are pursuing spirituality when really they aren't.

A lot of people don't realize they are in a cult until it is too late.

DK was certainly no angel for preying upon people going through a "lost" phase. But still, this all started over de-milled grenades used to make those lame "Complaint Department: Take One" grenade novelties and polygamy.

Honestly, if folks are cool with two dudes going at it then you can have all the wives you want if you can afford them without other peoples tax money.

And a good lesson, if you aren't tipping your delivery guys/letter carriers with booze and a fitzky at Christmas or Thanksgiving and you are buying uppers and ammo and all then you are doing it wrong.

"Ay yo, G. I got you, man" is the best thing you can hear from the hard-working people delivering your antisocial crap. Especially marked ORM-D.

So a little something something in the mailbox and Waco woulda never happened.

Dig on that.

Feedback Score
    I'm very well aware of what went on at RR and Waco. I don't need to watch it again. That will only make me mad. Again.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you're not watching, it has gotten super interesting.

Escalated quickly from ATF MP5ing dogs to that really CFed entry.

LOTS of period correct hardware down to the right generation of Glocks.

I NEVER thought I'd see them portray the ATF in such a hard light.

This would've never gotten made 20 years ago.

Even Hammerhead from the Unit is a BD (I dont know his real name)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I started watching last week and have some catching up to do but I agree its very interesting, well done and seems pretty even handed. I knew some about DK and BDs but not the whole he assumes the burden of sex for them all. I had always assumed he hand selected only the comliest brood sows available to birth the prophets. Wives and underaged daughter be dammed

This was brought on by dummy grenades? Geez loueeze I wonder what theyd think of my front garden with the various training mines stuffed in there.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    What guy did they find UGLY enough to play Janet Reno?

I was working in radio at the time, and remember the standoff, and the day the ATF flattened Koresh quite well. Somehow, I missed the first episode, but it's interesting to go back and see things you originally missed, had forgotten, or remembered differently. Looks like a very high-dollar production.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    What guy did they find UGLY enough to play Janet Reno?

Definitely a tall order, Im guessing CGI

Gilbert Gottfried was probably busy

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sgtrock82; 02-09-18 at 23:08.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Years ago I was sent to a hostage negotiator class that was taught by an FBI agent who was one of the negotiators at Waco. He gave us some interesting insight on the whole situation and he was convinced the whole mess could have been easily avoided by taking down DK at the local Whataburger he frequented.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast