Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Things gun guys say about ARs that make you cringe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    Not sure if it has been posted yet, but bears repeating even it it has not. I absolutely have a stroke every time i hear someone say 5.56 was designed to wound not kill.
    Yeah that was mentioned earlier. The whole argument that two guys have to carry the wounded guy off the field, taking 3 guys out of action, whereas the dead lie as they are, so killing only takes one person out of action.

The other argument I've heard is that the 5.56 was intended to be a suppressing fire round only. Basically, since it's smaller and lighter, SAW gunners can carry more of it. It's not meant to be deadly, it's just meant to keep the enemies' heads down, while riflemen armed with .308 battle rifles can get into position to actually kill them.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    At risk of another repeat: "don't worry, the safety's on". Usually stated when there is a loaded gun on a bench pointed either down the line of shooters or at the backs of those checking targets....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Or "My finger's off the trigger."
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    You forgot washing machines and refrigerators.
    And car doors!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
    When I took my blaster to the range, there were no cans or glass bottles (targets); I had to bring some more (garbage).
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
    Greyman, have I seen you at my local pubic range? Hate to call you a lightweight, but real men tote pots and pans, cpu's, monitors, tvs, couches, recliners, truck axles, brake rotors and radiators to shoot and leave for the pleasure of others...
    The above are things 'gun guys' say about shooting AR's that make me cringe.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    THis was posted on Glock Talk less than two hours ago in an "AK or AR for home defense" thread, so it is my entry:

"Never an ar for home defense. An ak is only good if you live in sand. Shotgun only. Now out of an ak or ar for war ak all the way. Never have to clean it and it will fire thousands of rounds an ar will jam when dirty."
    I saw that thread, it is one big cancerous tumor if I ever saw one.

Feedback Score
    Evidently car doors have too much resale value here...

Butt:

"It's not loaded" as a response to being called out for poor muzzle discipline or for weapons with closed actions lying on benches and pointed down the line or towards the parking lot.

Sorry, guys. Bad weekend. Lots of safety violations at pubic range. Left without shooting Sat. Sun, thought things ok until I witnessed an nd impact within a foot of the shooter's foot....

Back to daybreak raids for me...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    As cheap as I am, I am strongly considering buying a membership at a private range (and I am pretty cheap).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thank GOD for private property!

Feedback Score
    Yeah. Been shooting there since early 80's. A thread titled "stupid shit people do with firearms" would be ass long ass this one.... even if I was the only one who posted....

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast