82 (100%)
    “It’s an assault rifle.”

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56 Bonded SP View Post
    SNIP...

I have high hopes for this thread

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fmjoe View Post
    If it was lowest bidder only then why is my sidearm an HK?
    It doesn't matter, H&K still hates you.
    I never had any issues with Military weapons that were due to a poor design.
    I was in Tank School when the M219 was scrapped in favour of the M240.
    Even our WWII era 1911's were serviceable and ran well.
    M16's were fine, never an issue.
    Magazines generally were a major issue, but the weapons themselves ran great.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    "Mk262 is the best round for home defense"
    This made me happy to see posted here.

I'm glad to see this thread alive and kicking.

Feedback Score
    That ever innovation to the AR has been a solution in search of a problem: "If the AR was supposed to have a ___ , Stoner would have designed it with one!" Admittedly, there's been a lot of hairbrained ideas, logical ideas that were still unnecessary, and seemingly good ideas that failed in real life. But companies should always be looking for ways to make products better, and end users should realize that not all change is bad.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    "Mk262 is the best round for home defense"
    I'd be perfectly fine with that. Why not?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Because 262 is pointless at room distance compared to a 53 gr OTM or 55 gr ballistic Silvertip.

The point of the round was distance.

You can use it but it becomes essentially just another bullet.

If I lived in an Appalachian shack and the Farkus boys said they was a'comin' fer me for cuttin' up with Bobbi Sue and were driving up the hill 500 meters away waving their guns in the air.......sure.

But some mope from one end of the house to the other? Naw.

Feedback Score
    If somebody is actually a "gun guy" he will not say stupid things about the AR-15. As soon as I hear anyone talking smack about it, I immediately recognize a non-gun guy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Because 262 is pointless at room distance compared to a 53 gr OTM or 55 gr ballistic Silvertip.
    I don't have any 53gr OTM or 55gr ballistic Silvertip. I do have mk262. I'll bet many guys can make the same statements. Are the 53gr OTM and 55gr ballistic silvertrip superior at home defense, to the point we should be buying them in addition to rounds we already buy, so we can load them up for home defense, vs something we already have and use?

The point of the round was distance.

You can use it but it becomes essentially just another bullet.

If I lived in an Appalachian shack and the Farkus boys said they was a'comin' fer me for cuttin' up with Bobbi Sue and were driving up the hill 500 meters away waving their guns in the air.......sure.

But some mope from one end of the house to the other? Naw.
    I guess I need to buy myself some 53gr OTM for HD to keep up with the high speed low drag. Any links to this must-have ammo I could check out?

Quote Originally Posted by ArtoftheGun View Post
    If somebody is actually a "gun guy" he will not say stupid things about the AR-15. As soon as I hear anyone talking smack about it, I immediately recognize a non-gun guy.

I suppose that depends on how you define "gun guy". From my perspective, a great deal of 'gun people' (guys and some gals) spew absolutely asinine stuff left and right. It's pretty amazing how ignorant some people can be.
    Last edited by Warp; 02-11-18 at 09:52.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Cor Bon DPX 53 gr was interesting but cant find any in stock (I still have a few boxes I am keeping) If you load, Barnes and Hornady make the 53 gr hollow point. Barnes does the 53 gr TSX.

At close range, I want something fast and fragmenty. That's kind of the rule of thumb for soft armor/unarmored people.

Different tools for different tasks.

Like....my I have a marked 308 Pmag with some super light 130 gr TTSX in it just in case.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Cor Bon DPX 53 gr was interesting but cant find any in stock (I still have a few boxes I am keeping) If you load, Barnes and Hornady make the 53 gr hollow point. Barnes does the 53 gr TSX.

At close range, I want something fast and fragmenty. That's kind of the rule of thumb for soft armor/unarmored people.

Different tools for different tasks.

Like....my I have a marked 308 Pmag with some super light 130 gr TTSX in it just in case.

I'm not worried about a 77gr SMK failing at close range

And no, I'm not going to reload my home defense ammo

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast