Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Figuring out a new Faxon barrel

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I wonder if the throat looks shredded as well.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    I would escalate this to a manager and explain the situation. I know you probably just want to leave it at this point, but you did spend time and money on the barrel and all the ammo.
    I would call in and ask to speak with Pat. He posts on the other site in their industry forum. I believe he took over for Nathan.
    I would leave a link to this thread as well.
    +100%

Faxon seemed quite serious about quality before, and AFAIK Nathan was a PR guy, not a principal. I would escalate and see if this might just be 1-2 guys not looking at the barrel properly.

These threads have a tendency to go dogpile much too quickly. Let's see if this is a whole-company problem or just a bad CS issue one time.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Point well taken, and I am guilty of snap judgment more often than I realize. On the other hand, there's no lack of quality barrel mfgrs nowadays. Eliminating one off my list of contenders makes choosing easier.

Let's see what Faxon does next.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I asked what round count should see accuracy diminish. " Hi Philip,

We have barrels that had 10k rounds put through them at a rate of 120 rds, allowed to cool and shot again until a thousand round had been shot. They were then measured, cleaned and shot for accuracy. This was done ten times with no appreciable degradation in accuracy. The wear in your barrel looks to be on the order of thousands of rounds, not hundreds. If the barrel was used when you received it, it is difficult to determine the conditions under which it was fired. Unfortunately, the warranty only applies to the original purchaser.

The barrel will ship back within two business days.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Customer Service"

I told the guys I bought it pre owned but new in wrapper. Evidently they have no idea how ridiculous this even sounds, 10,000 rounds??

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

We have barrels that had 10k rounds put through them at a rate of 120 rds, allowed to cool and shot again until a thousand round had been shot. They were then measured, cleaned and shot for accuracy. This was done ten times with no appreciable degradation in accuracy. The wear in your barrel looks to be on the order of thousands of rounds, not hundreds. If the barrel was used when you received it, it is difficult to determine the conditions under which it was fired. Unfortunately, the warranty only applies to the original purchaser.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Customer Service"

I told the guys I bought it pre owned but new in wrapper. Evidently they have no idea how ridiculous this even sounds, 10,000 rounds??

PB
    Its that magical QPQ process they keep talking about . Obviously it sooo much better than chrome lined. Faxon is one of the worst offenders to push nitride barrels as the superior barrel finish.

My advice is treat people who push nitride barrels like that like the liberal media.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 11-02-18 at 16:40.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks,
    Mark
    Customer Service"

PB
    If their gonna use a technicality to get out of an obligation of remedying a problematic barrel from round 1 that has been documented in this very thread.....than that says quite a bit about the company.

It also doesn't speak well about a barrel maker/seller when they can be so wrong about a barrel's wear?

Sorry you guys are going through this, as the rest of the build sounds awesome, and something I'd love to shoot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks,
    Mark
    Customer Service"

PB
    Sorry for the dumb question, but is it possible that the barrel you bought was actually that used?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Sorry for the dumb question, but is it possible that the barrel you bought was actually that used?
    I assembled the upper, and there was no sign at all of usage. No sign of a muzzle device being mounted. No sign of the barrel ever being mounted into an upper, etc.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I assembled the upper, and there was no sign at all of usage. No sign of a muzzle device being mounted. No sign of the barrel ever being mounted into an upper, etc.
    I figured as much. Just thought I'd ask the obvious question.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    . It actually came in a plastic wrapper that was not open. Im 90% sure, but the barrel had not been shot. wrapper or no wrapper, I bought as new and would have been pissed and not even sent back to company.

Yes it was new.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast