Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noveske 10 mm PDW

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    i like this piece a lot... I think it would be killer with an Omega 45K... guess i better start saving
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    This firearm excited me thw most out all the SHOT show coverage that I saw. The round is great all around, save for cost to shoot. I also like that they are using HK standard capacity mags, instead of Kriss' cobbled together extenders that always cause feed issues. I called Noveske this past Monday and they said the firearm was still in the prototype stage, and will most likely be released late spring/ early summer. So that means the "end of Q1" was a bit of a pipe dream. All that said as long as it gets to the market, in original form, I am a buyer. I enjoy PCC's more than any other rifles/ sbr's currently.

Feedback Score
    In 10mm it doesn't really get me excited.

But in 9x25 I can see a lot of advantages. A 90 grain bullet at 2100 fps, that fits in magazines that are a smaller dimension than a rifle magazine, now just put a law folder on that and you would have a small package that you could carry covert much easier than a rifle due to the smaller sized magazines.

I think that would be a great set up to replace my mini Uzi for going to synagogue with.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    In 10mm it doesn't really get me excited.

But in 9x25 I can see a lot of advantages. A 90 grain bullet at 2100 fps, that fits in magazines that are a smaller dimension than a rifle magazine, now just put a law folder on that and you would have a small package that you could carry covert much easier than a rifle due to the smaller sized magazines.

I think that would be a great set up to replace my mini Uzi for going to synagogue with.
    90 grain bullets would be a horrible choice. In my experience with 357 sig the light bullets while fast were not accurate. Also penetration would be very shallow with a bullet with that low of a sectional density. I like the concept however in 10mm.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    90 grain bullets would be a horrible choice. In my experience with 357 sig the light bullets while fast were not accurate. Also penetration would be very shallow with a bullet with that low of a sectional density. I like the concept however in 10mm.
    Pat
    I agree if you used a regular hollowpoint bullet in the 9x25. However I think this load has potential.
    https://underwoodammo.com/product/ha...reme-defender/

The gun in 9x25 would give you near rifle like velocity plus the fact it feeds from pistol magazines you could in a covert situation carry the mags easier.

I will give you an example I carry a mini Uzi to synagogue and back up mags enough to meet any incident. I carry a spare 20 round mag in a pouch on my belt and it conceals under a sweater in the winter and a suit coat during the rest of the year. Due to the bigger size of a rifle mag I can't pull off carrying the spare ammo in the same way.

I would love to carry a round that can go 2000fps or a little more if it got good penetration. I carry 124 +P+ in the Uzi and figure I get around 1300fps, this is backed up with Hirtenberger 9mm subgun ammo.

But I don't think I will invest the money on maybe this rifle in 9x25 meeting my specific needs .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I agree if you used a regular hollowpoint bullet in the 9x25. However I think this load has potential.
    https://underwoodammo.com/product/ha...reme-defender/

The gun in 9x25 would give you near rifle like velocity plus the fact it feeds from pistol magazines you could in a covert situation carry the mags easier.

I will give you an example I carry a mini Uzi to synagogue and back up mags enough to meet any incident. I carry a spare 20 round mag in a pouch on my belt and it conceals under a sweater in the winter and a suit coat during the rest of the year. Due to the bigger size of a rifle mag I can't pull off carrying the spare ammo in the same way.

I would love to carry a round that can go 2000fps or a little more if it got good penetration. I carry 124 +P+ in the Uzi and figure I get around 1300fps, this is backed up with Hirtenberger 9mm subgun ammo.

But I don't think I will invest the money on maybe this rifle in 9x25 meeting my specific needs .
    I would like to know more about how you carry that Mini under a jacket.....

Feedback Score
    I don't carry the mini under my jacket just spare mags which because of their smaller size than rifle mags they are easier to carry concealed. The mini rides in a bag I carry some Jewish items in for synagogue and how much more Jewish can it get than a mini Uzi.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I was also really excited about this. I have a 7.5" 300 BLK, and this would be another cool "PDW" option. It looks like you can load a 200-220 grain bullet at subsonic velocities, and go down to a 135-ish grain that could get to 1500+ in an 8" barrel. I also find a gas operated gun much more interesting than just another blowback option. Hopefully I can get my hands on one and try it out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anybody hear any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Recoil should be fairly light.

A close example would be the Sig MPX.

The operating mass should be similar to or lighter than a conventional AR.

I.e. Enough to reliably feed and chamber a round.

Locked breech gas operated guns control cyclic rate primarily with gas port size and location.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mig View Post
    Curious what the recoil on this would be like. If its a DI gun, that makes me think the bolt wouldn't have to be as heavy as a blowback bolt. With the increased chamber pressure of this over 9mm though, wouldn't it still have to have a pretty heavy bolt, buffer or both in order to keep it from cycling too fast?
    Last edited by Clint; 08-26-18 at 11:51.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12