Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt warranty repair times

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Kain, I get what you're saying. I just don't want Euro should accidentally get blue falconed over his gun. Myself I got my theories of what might have happened but still nothing I'd sign my name to.

In all fairness, HK had a bad CS rep a while back but I had to have a pistol tweaked a few years ago and I got it back pretty ricky tick paying only shipping. Their webshop likewise pretty efficient and their current building is basically a shoebox (at least in Georgia).
    So I don't get into the whole "you suck we hate you spiel".
    I don't want to see Euro get screwed either. It just, sadly, isn't something that I am overly surprised on. Hoping Grant can get us some word on what the hell is going on.

On H&k, I remember when they were in Alabama. Got to tour their outfit there, a friend of mine was buddy with their one of their head reps. Was a good time, got to learn a lot of cool things, their armorer was a really cool guy, and shoot some neat toys. But even the, and this is probably close to 10 years ago, they were bending over backwards to help people. Now, that said, at SHOT, when I went there back in 09, H&K was a bit dickish. But, the guys who I knew there had left by the time I gone to SHOT too, and well yeah. But, like I said, their rep for that is old and dated bigly.

And we are really kind of derailing Euro's thread. So I do apologize.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    They had a Colt Python of mine for almost two years to re-time it. They fixed it though.

They aren't as big like area-wise as you might think.

Plus other folks booger their guns too.

Which is why I say keep spare uppers or know someone local worth a flip.

It's been a minute, I know ..
    2 years? wtf, unacceptable would be putting it too mildly

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavygunner8 View Post
    2 years? wtf, unacceptable would be putting it too mildly
    Not really. It wasnt a surprise, the lady said BLUF "2 year turnaround or we can refer you outside" I sucked it up.

It's a Colt Python nigh 50 years old that Colt honors for life.

They did call me and offer a Factory Royal Blue rebluing for a healthy but not unreasonable price but it'd be another year. I politely declined.

Python is for fun but for hardcore wheelgunning just get a Smith. Thats another topic but for what Colt does for their legacy products it was not unreasonable

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    And I'll put it this way - how many people are there that are taking work on Pythons, and offering a warranty on that work?

I can think of two guys, and that's it.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    No problem, I will try and help.

Was it your error or their error?

C4
    It was most definitely my error. I fully disclosed this and even offered to pay for the diagnostic time and repair. They refused and said “our rifle should have been able to handle that”.

I knew it would take a while, and being free I thought that was acceptable. But 8 months? I legitimately could’ve and would’ve SBR’d the lower and just thrown the upper away had I known that.

Feedback Score
    I got one of Colt's complete lowers through brownells a while ago. When i got it, i noticed it had an over-torqued or canted receiver extension so sent it in. Going on 2 months now and counting...

In fairness, I did call them yesterday and he says this "batch" of guns (meaning all the rifles with canted receiver extensions and crooked FSBs) are back from repair, test fired, and should be shipping back out within a week. Also, he said that one out of the two months that my lower has been there, they have been all but shut down for year-end inventory, etc.

However, time will tell...
    Last edited by jastone7373; 01-31-18 at 20:59.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Dang, there's a lot more guns going back to Colt for warranty repair just on this forum than I ever expected. Is it like that with other manufacturers? I've always accepted the whole Colt "gold standard" mantra but it almost sounds like they've got all sorts of QC issues.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jastone7373 View Post
    I got one of Colt's complete lowers through brownells a while ago. When i got it, i noticed it had an over-torqued or canted receiver extension so sent it in. Going on 2 months now and counting...

In fairness, I did call them yesterday and he says this "batch" of guns (meaning all the rifles with canted receiver extensions and crooked FSBs) are back from repair, test fired, and should be shipping back out within a week. Also, he said that one out of the two months that my lower has been there, they have been all but shut down for year-end inventory, etc.

However, time will tell...
    Lol I heard that before.

In July.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Dang, there's a lot more guns going back to Colt for warranty repair just on this forum than I ever expected. Is it like that with other manufacturers? I've always accepted the whole Colt "gold standard" mantra but it almost sounds like they've got all sorts of QC issues.
    I’m not sure if I can blame Colt for my issues...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It seems stuff is still going into a huge black hole at Colt. A couple of years ago I sent back a 901 upper and it took a pile of emails and phone calls before I got it back over 5 months later.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast