Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Magpul D60 Drums: Line of Duty or Range Only?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In case anyone else is interested PSA still has the D60+150rnds of ammo for $119.99 and free shipping deal going. I grabbed another today. I don't buy from PSA much but getting the D60 plus the ammo for less than the typical cost of the drum itself is hard to pass up.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/ameri...-magazine.html

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Have not used mine yet but they surely should work better than my SF60s. Kinda disappointed in those.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Have you tried MOLLE canteen pouches for the drums? Have a friend who did that. Being old school he also carried two canteens and liked to point out to me he only needed to buy one style of pouch for his rig.
    Our Liberties we prize and our Rights we will defend.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R6436 View Post
    Have you tried MOLLE canteen pouches for the drums? Have a friend who did that. Being old school he also carried two canteens and liked to point out to me he only needed to buy one style of pouch for his rig.
    Great minds think alike or is that cheap b@stard's? The MOLLE II canteen pouches with the 2 small pockets on the side work well, the Eagle type with the mesh bottom and elastic top not so much too hard to get in and out though you can cram it in there. Another thing you can do is attach the dust cover to the pouch with a short piece of para cord so that when you remove the mag it will pop off.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Brownells has the D-60 on sale for $104.99 right now.

But if you use code M8X, it knocks off $10 plus free shipping, so the final price is $94.99 shipped.

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/...prod75048.aspx

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I have deleted off-topic posts. Stay focused, folks.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    So read this thread a few days ago and took mine out today. Major fail to feeds, ran three loads through it.

Turns out, the way i hold the rifle, bumps the feeding lever. When it's up, it won't feed rounds. So, not a design flaw, but annoying none the less. Maybe I can figure a locking mechanism to secure it down (ie, duct tape)

Also, didn't lock the bolt on the last round. All three loads.

YMMV, sample of 1, etc.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The only useful application I could think of these for is on something like an HK M27.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    The only useful application I could think of these for is on something like an HK M27.

I am thinking static position overwatch it might be useful but yeah without the happy switch it adds limited value.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    So read this thread a few days ago and took mine out today. Major fail to feeds, ran three loads through it.

Turns out, the way i hold the rifle, bumps the feeding lever. When it's up, it won't feed rounds. So, not a design flaw, but annoying none the less. Maybe I can figure a locking mechanism to secure it down (ie, duct tape)

Maybe you can find a way to take a picture or video.
    Granted with my colt lower I don’t see how its possible.
    My mag well stops it from going up.

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast