Thread: What spring/buffer to tune to?

Feedback Score

What spring/buffer to tune to?

Will soon be tuning slr adj gas block to .556 Wilson 16in 8 twist middie. Seeking opinions about what spring/buffer combo to start with.

Recreational rifle. Of course I want it dependable, but I won't be jumping out of airplanes into the mud or 3 gunning/mag dumping. Might even clean/lube it every now and then! Accuracy is goal.

Clint has kindly offered blue spring/h2 which is also Sprinco recommend for dependability over range of conditions. Dreaming of white/h (other upper sharing lower is tuned to that). Again, accuracy is goal. Not in mood to experiment if there are strong opinions available from those who have btdt. Would rather spend time developing loads and comeups...

Thanks?
    Last edited by triggerjerk; 01-30-18 at 16:51.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I did have a multigun rifle with 16" midlength, SLR, and LW carrier for a while. I just used a standard carbine buffer and spring, dialed the block down until it didn't work, came up until it did, and then added a notch. Worked fine but had to be kept clean with the light reloads, light carrier, and 40rd+ magazines occasionally used.

Feedback Score
    Thx mgrs. Seems to parallel other's exp w lighter bcg, etc?...

Never seem to correctly ask what's bugging me. Another try:

Other carbine gas upper's agb tuned to std carb spring/h buffer due to what I percieved were recommends here. Very pleased with results.

Guessing dwell time has to do with heavier spr/buf setup for middie?

Question to precision guys might be, "With a reliably running gun, have you noticed any measurable accuracy differences between spring/buffer combinations?"