Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Responsible Person Questionnaire with Individual Form 4?

Feedback Score

Responsible Person Questionnaire with Individual Form 4?

I went by my dealer today to sign the Form 4 for my Beretta ARX100 SBR. Everything was the same as usual, but they also had a Responsible Person Questionnaire for me to sign
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/fo...32023/download
    and had listed me as a Responsible Person in section 19 of the Form 4.
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/fo...53204/download
    I told her that I had never seen one before and that I don't think it applies to me because I'm an Individual. She said that she had a conversation with someone at the ATF about filling out Form 4's and the guy insisted that the Responsible Person Questionnaire had to be filled out for those filing as Individuals too. She went on to say that she kind of got the feeling that he might not know what he's talking about. I pointed out that the Form 4 indicates in section 19 that the section is for the "applicant trust or legal entity" and section 2 is check as Individual. She agreed with what I was saying and decided not to include the Responsible Person Questionnaire.

All that said, am I thinking correctly that the agent she spoke with didn't know what he was talking about? Or, is this some new thing they've made up since 41F and I now have three Form 1's and three Form 4's outstanding that are incorrect?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    ATF is so retarded. I remember when the ARFcom imbeciles used to write letters to ATF about every little thing. They'd always get conflicting responses....

So to your point... it's likely the idiot she spoke with didn't know what he was talking about.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    No RPQ required for individual applications. You answer the same questions on the F1/F4 that an RP would handle on the RPQ (and they'd leave it blank on the F1/F4).

You can look at instruction (2)(d), especially section (5).
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 01-30-18 at 18:18.

Feedback Score
    Ironically, when I got home I found an approved Form 1 in the mail. It's the first since 41F that I've had approved. I left the responsible person part blank and didn't include the Responsible Person Questionnaire. It was approved. I'll email my dealer and let her know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'll email my dealer and let her know.
    Send her a link to the sticky. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...1F-submissions

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Your dealer should already know the answer to these questions.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Sure, but when an agent at the ATF specifically says something that's contradictory, it's confusing.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Sure, but when an agent at the ATF specifically says something that's contradictory, it's confusing.

The dealer shouldn't have been calling the ATF in the first place.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    No idea who called who. It's not a problem now as I'm sure things were done correctly. What would be really neat is if the form would grey out the areas that are not required once the Individual box was checked.

Feedback Score
    What would be really neat is if people (customers and dealers) would read the instructions on the forms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast