Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OPINIONS/ADVICE ON BEST AK47 IN THE $700 OR SO PRICE RANGE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/ddi

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Those are cool, Grant. Care to give us the short story on those? Specs? Build particulars?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Those are cool, Grant. Care to give us the short story on those? Specs? Build particulars?
    - Barrel Length:16"
    - Barrel Steel: 4150 barrel with Fenocite™ technology and concentric 14x1 LH threads
    - Caliber:7.62x39
    - Trunnion: US Hammer Forged
    - Bolt: US Hammer Forged Bolt & Carrier
    - Stock: Military Grade Furniture including full stock that incorporates the cleaning kit pocket
    - Finish: KG Guncoat

For most people, the hammer forged Trunnion is going to be of interest. They are an exceptional value IMHO.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    - Barrel Length:16"
    - Barrel Steel: 4150 barrel with Fenocite™ technology and concentric 14x1 LH threads
    - Caliber:7.62x39
    - Trunnion: US Hammer Forged
    - Bolt: US Hammer Forged Bolt & Carrier
    - Stock: Military Grade Furniture including full stock that incorporates the cleaning kit pocket
    - Finish: KG Guncoat

For most people, the hammer forged Trunnion is going to be of interest. They are an exceptional value IMHO.

C4
    Right after posting I saw the specs on your site. I don't know why they didn't display the first time I clicked on it. Must be the internet gremlins again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    What ever you do run - don't walk - away from anything by Inter-Ordnance or Century Arms.
    Or Pioneer Arms

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    561.JPG
    Anyone else remember the days when these were $500? My Norinco Type 56s. I also have a Romak 1, which is a nice AK if you can find one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    Yeah, I rolled the dice on a Polish Hellpup pistol with IO importer marks, and it's been running fine as an SBR. Only rolled the dice because it was on the shelf locally and I was able to trade in an old SKS to offset most of the cost.

Apart from that, I have had good experiences with WASR-10s and an Arsenal SGL-21 (though that will be hard to find these days.)
    These are now imported/owned by Pioneer Arms. The only thing it has in common to actual Polish AKs is the location. Quality wise it's an IO/Century build

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Buy this well received factory built AK pistol and apply for sbr stamp. Many folding stock options available and pictured tutorials on adding readily available original folding triangle stock yourself. Shorty AK is best AK.
    http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0
    Last edited by Airhasz; 02-01-18 at 11:00.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    You "might" be able to find a Romanian SAR 1 for that price if you are patient and troll Gunbroker long enough.

I picked up one of these over the summer for $500 off if GB. I am new to AK’s and just wanted a decent example.

OP, I was in the same boat as you and was looking the cheaper Arsenal’s and WASR-10 (only from Atlantic Arms as I understand they perform an inspection of known trouble spots). I am very happy with my SAR-1 thus far.

Feedback Score
    I would think about picking up a Saiga and doing a conversion on it as I got the money to buy the parts. Moving the trigger back to the proper spot is pretty easy. The proper FSB you may have to send out to get done but in the end you'd have a Russian rifle supposedly built in the same plant their ak's. These are also based on the AK-100 series action. Cheapest one on gunbroker but who knows what it'll close at:
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/743017539 Unfortunately the cat must be out of the bag that with the current Russian sanctions no more of these are coming in as some of the auctions bidding starts at $700 or $800. I picked up one in .223 at a gunshow last year for $500 and it really is a nice gun. I've currently just got the trigger moved and Magpull Zukov stock on it. Conversion parts can be gotten here: http://www.carolinashooterssupply.co...ory_s/1864.htm
    Or you can send them to someone like Troy at In Range http://www.inrangec2.com/ to have it done proper and it'd look like it rolled out of the Russian factory. Of course that would definitely exceed your $700 budget.

Feedback Score
    I like the thicker stamped guns.
    I would look for a used Mak-90,
    Or Zastava O-PAP.

I also like SARS.

The only reason I have not BIN the one linked is because I have two SBR AKs, about another half dozen 7.62 AKs, a 5.56 AK, a 5.45 SAR, a PSL, and a SIG 556R.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast