Thread: Leupold Delta Pro Point on AR-15 ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Leupold Delta Pro Point on AR-15 ?

Leupold Delta Pro Point on an AR ?
    I liked what I saw on a rifle being used by one of the VTAC guys. Didn’t get a chance to shoot it or really compare it to an Aimpoint H1 which I have a few of.
    No one around me runs the PP and have not been able to really back up the first impression. And, it is an expensive decision.
    The Pro Point seemed clearer to my surgically enhanced eyes. Can I get opinions from anyone who uses or used the Pro point on their AR-15s.
    TIA
    jon

Feedback Score
    Jon, I use a RMR on a Scolarworks Mount on my 6720. It’s a great setup for my eyes and retains the light handy low profile nature on the rifle. It’s not a Delta, but it’s close. I’d use the Delta in a similar role

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Not too good in the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Wake27;2596312]Not too good in the rain.]

Worse than any other optic? Leak? or Vision issues? More details would help.
    S Florida is also a rainy damp place.
    thx
    jon

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    [QUOTE=p7fl;2596335]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Not too good in the rain.]

Worse than any other optic? Leak? or Vision issues? More details would help.
    S Florida is also a rainy damp place.
    thx
    jon
    Sealed units like an Aimpoint or EOTech are going to be much better in the rain. The micro RDS will have issues since the emitter is exposed. The DPP was worse than the RMR in m y experience. It didn’t take much water at all to create the starburst effect and it had to be dried off to fix it.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Wake27;2596493]
    Quote Originally Posted by p7fl View Post

Sealed units like an Aimpoint or EOTech are going to be much better in the rain. The micro RDS will have issues since the emitter is exposed. The DPP was worse than the RMR in m y experience. It didn’t take much water at all to create the starburst effect and it had to be dried off to fix it.

Ya, fo sho it’s not great in the rain. I’d just pocket it and use irons until the water passes.