Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rugged releases Micro30 db numbers

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    What’s the latest JW?
    Been sick and traveling so haven't had time to get out for T&E. The one day I had available I ended up bow hunting for turkey. I'll try to report back as soon as possible. Just a busy time of the year for me with travel. Will have 30 flights this year already before the end of the month. So that puts a damper on the fun stuff..
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I changed my plan up a bit for testing so I could test out 4 suppressors on the same host. Still looking for a deal on a used 5/8x24 KAC QDC MD, but I will have the Surefire SPS 300, KAC 7.62 QDC, TB Ultra 7. (all shown) And then the Rugged Micro30. Host gun will be a Q the Fix, 308 16 inch barrel. Plan on just lightly tightening the MDs on by hand and firing about 5 rounds with each. Sorry its taking more time then I hoped, but will be good info after I'm done I hope. I am going to zero the rifle without a MD, and also record POI and groupings with each can. If I can get (Boba Fett V2) from here out also, we would also be giving it a go on his LMT MWS.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Been sick and traveling so haven't had time to get out for T&E. The one day I had available I ended up bow hunting for turkey. I'll try to report back as soon as possible. Just a busy time of the year for me with travel. Will have 30 flights this year already before the end of the month. So that puts a damper on the fun stuff..
    Totally understand that brother. That’s a ton of travel! How did the turkey hunt go?

Looking forward to your thoughts on the micro once you’re able to give it a try.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Totally understand that brother. That’s a ton of travel! How did the turkey hunt go?

Looking forward to your thoughts on the micro once you’re able to give it a try.
    Shot a good Tom at 43 yards with my bow. Was a great day. Post below will have a video of my compairson.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    First suppressor is a KAC 762 QDC.
    Second is a Surefire SPS 300
    Third is a Thunderbeast Ultra 7 CB
    Forth is the Micro30 in full configuration
    Fifth is the Micro30 in short configuration

Last edited by Jwknutson17; 05-24-18 at 16:06.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Q the fix rifle with a 16 inch 308 Bartlein barrel. First can is a KAC 762 QDC. Second is a Surefire SPS 300. Third is a TB Ultra 7. Forth is a Rugged Micro30 in long configuration. Fifth is a Rugged Micro30 in short configuration. Ammo is 175gr FGMM. Scope is a Minox ZP5 5-25. Spuhr 34mm 6 mil mount. KAC bipod. POI was about all the same in all 5 suppressors. Each one was about 1 inch right and one inch down. The Surefire and TB had the least amount of windage and elevation change. About half inch better then the others. The TB is the lightest and kept the best grouping. The KAC sounded the best to me the shooter. Followed by the Surefire. But they were also the only two full size cans here. The Rugged was the loudest to me the shooter. All suppressors maintained MOA accuracy. Rifle was zeroed with the KAC MAMS muzzle device on it. Changing MDs and also suppressors had little to no effect on POI between suppressors across the board.

The TB and Rugged in short configuration felt the best for weight. The Rugged in short configuration handled the best. I could also put it in the D bag case with the suppressor still attached.

All cans needed some sort of ear protection. If I was taking this rifle hunting and hiking a bunch with it, I would like the micro 30 in short configuration the best followed by the TB. If I was shooting strictly for accuracy the TB wins. For noise, the KAC and surefire win. I have not been able to test these on a gas gun just yet, so my initial optinions are for this specific bolt gun. I do think the Rugged in short configuration would be my first choice on a 14.5-16 inch 308 gas gun with a RDS.

Video above is a little slow as I was trying to at least get decent groupings in my testing. May need to jump around in the video for comparison.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 05-24-18 at 16:22.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    So what are your impressions so far? Short configuration was definitely louder, but harder to tell how the full configuration stacked up to the others.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Shot a good Tom at 43 yards with my bow. Was a great day. Post below will have a video of my compairson.
    Nice man. That’s a pretty good poke on a turkey. I’ve hunted deer and elk with my bow but not yet turkey.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    So what are your impressions so far? Short configuration was definitely louder, but harder to tell how the full configuration stacked up to the others.
    I think you may be able to jump back in forth in the video to specific times for side by side on a computer.?

Being the shooter it seemed a little deeper / more pop tone then the TB, but close as I could tell. Hard to tell really shooting it without standing off to the side. Then having to switch muzzle devices and then shoot again. So wasn't the best scenario. Tried to capture it on video the best I could. The rugged in the full configuration was louder to me then the TB. Maybe just a tone thing, and not actually louder dB. The full size KAC and also Surefire IMO sounded the best. But they are also double the weight of the others and a few inches longer.

If I had to grade them based off noise/sound to me the shooter alone..

Kac.
    Surefire
    TB (almost a tie with the SPS 300)
    Rugged full
    Rugged short

Its hard to be beat a TB on a precision gun. Hard to beat KAC and surefire for hard use guns. I bought this Micro 30 for the appeal of being light and a ultra short 30 Cal can. I'm sure it's a flame thrower at night in short configuration though. Just a feeling..
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 05-24-18 at 19:09.

Feedback Score
    Hmmm. My Surge at 7.5' definitely has distracting muzzle flash in low light. I can only imagine the short Micro.

If Rugged don't come out with a flash hider end cap in the near future... I might have to jump ship.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast