45 52.94%
  • Other

8 9.41%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P07 VS Glock 19x

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

CZ P07 VS Glock 19x

Hello all, I am moderately intimidated posting this, as I am leaning one way already, and I am slightly confident I know many will advocate just getting a 19 or 17. The reality is, I am looking to buy something that comes with stock night sights, one way or the other.

Whichever I go with, I will ultimately be carrying EDC once it's vetted.

So, I am considering one of these two options:

CZ Urban Grey P07 (About $504.00)
    Pros:

-Ergos
    -Trigger
    -DA/SA
    -Decently Accurate by most standards
    -Suppressor Ready and Night Sights
    -15 Round Grip Profile

Cons:
    -Need extra mags
    -Need Compatible Holster
    -Different shooting profile to get accustom to.

Glock 19X (About $594.00)
    Pros:

-I EDC a 26 Gen4 now / Ergo Profile would be familiar.
    -The holster I have works for this already.
    -Same Capacity as the P07 extended mags, but will have a 19rd reload.
    -Better grip length for meaty hands
    -Have extra Gen4 17 rounders.
    -Will have a similar profile to the Canik TP9 I carried IWB for a long time.
    -Marksman Barrel (The glocks already outshoot me, so this is awesome in my mind.)

Cons:
    -Not very tested at the moment
    -Not suppressor ready (but made so very easily if I desire)
    -Not compatible with my Striker Gadget (would be inclined to pre-order the Gen5 model that releases in February.)

So,

I wanted to try something different, but, now I am debating my choice. I am a youngin', and I have a lot of time to still find something else in the future.

As far as the Striker Gadget goes, I like the use of it as it replicates what I was trained on the most: DA/SA pistols. Oddly enough, I grew up on Hammer Fired, but when I reached gun owning age, I seemed to only acquire Striker Fired.

With that, I leave it to your input. Don't be rough with me, I only get this kind of a cash a couple times a year, and I know I wanted to upgrade to a longer barrel profile. I am confident I can carry both easily, just not 100% confident in which one I should go with. Figured I would ask for some knowledgeable input.

Seeing as a bunch of our members own one of these, or the other, I hope to get a good variance of input.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for putting up with my indecisiveness.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 02-01-18 at 10:27.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If you already have a 26, it just makes more sense to me to get a Glock and have a two-gun setup for different circumstances. I have a 19X and I think it is the best Glock I ever had but I wouldn't carry it because of a grip size (but I would carry it over the 17 if 19x vs 17 was the question).

Feedback Score
    I would go with the Glock 19X because it is a platform you are more familiar with. Although many of us (Myself included) have multiple pistols across multiple platforms, it is more expensive to maintain a good level of proficiency across multiple platforms because of the different manual of arms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    If you already have a 26, it just makes more sense to me to get a Glock and have a two-gun setup for different circumstances. I have a 19X and I think it is the best Glock I ever had but I wouldn't carry it because of a grip size (but I would carry it over the 17 if 19x vs 17 was the question).
    this plus one
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Both should be good guns. Your more familiar with DA/SA. You're going to have to buy mags anyway but CZ is a bit more expensive and not typically found in stores, if that's how you buy mags. Holsters are what....$60 +/-. I'd just buy one and stick with it

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Get the 19x or sell your g26 and buy 2 P07s. I’d go Glock since that’s what I personally prefer, but nothing wrong with a da/sa CZ if that’s what you prefer.

Feedback Score
    The Gen 5 Glock 17 and 19s can come from the factory with the Ameriglo Agent sights, which are kinda like Trijicon HDs but better.

If the Gen 5 Gadget isn't out it should be soon.

I think most people struggle with a 10lb double action shot, which explains the popularity of striker guns.

You really need 2 similar guns. Really shouldn't be shooting your carry gun much after you've vetted it with your carry ammo. 1 to carry the other to shoot.
    Last edited by hopetonbrown; 02-01-18 at 16:32.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you went with the P-07 you could get a P-09 mag for your spare and have a 19 round reload. My bedside gun is a P-07 with a P-09 mag with a plus two for 21 total rounds, 22 if I topped off. It has been to the range extensively and works great. I went from a striker fired pistol to the CZ and it did take some practice to master, and takes practice to maintain. But for me the ergos are perfect. Either way you’ll have a good reliable gun. If you’re already invested in the Glock platform it might make sense to just stick with that.

Feedback Score
    You point to the CZ being “suppressor ready”, but so you intend to suppress the gun?

If you do and would need a G19 barrel for the cab, add $150 to the price of the Glock. Then your sights are going to be short, so add another $80. That offsets magazine and holster costs.

I carry a G19 daily and have since 2011 with the exception of a six month period with a VP9. I actually owned a CZ75 P-07 Duty for a short spell and loved it, but magazine and holster cost as well as general logistics of keeping another platform up and running in my rotation made me sell it. I must say, I somewhat regret that decision and have been eye-balling picking up another P07 if one shows up locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have been, as of today, looking at picking up a P07 for something different and because I have always liked them. Plus, this price;

https://www.preppergunshop.com/cz-75...eid=de0279e7a9
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast