32 37.65%
  • Glock 19x

45 52.94%
  • Other

8 9.41%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P07 VS Glock 19x

Feedback Score
    I've been in a similar dilemma, but between the P07 and some other options. I've never been a Glock fan, and have spent the most time shooting a Beretta 92A1 and carrying an FNS-9.

I understand the advice to stick within the Glock family, since you are already accustomed to it. That said, I've never seen an issue with trying other options and seeing if you like it better. The P-07 seems to be a solid option, and the one I'm going with as soon as some funds free up. However, that said, my understanding is that "night sights" that come on the P-07 are rather crappy. If you're looking for something good out of the box, or aren't willing to spend some money to get better sights, there are other places to look.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Of those two, p07.

If I buy another Glock, I'll probably go back to a gen 3 19.

I do love my p07 though.

Feedback Score
    My P07 has so impressed me that I will say hands down it is the best pistol I have ever owned regardless of price.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Despite sometimes having sucky triggers OTB, the P07 shoots VERY accurately and easily in most hands. The grip angle is just right and the way the pistol lends itself to high thumbs forward is great. And... it shoots soft.

Feedback Score
    Is this a fun gun or for serious use?

If its for “real” use, what practical improvements are you looking to gain over what you already have(any pistols besides the g26 included)?
    You list DA/SA as a benefit. Why?

Are you really going to silence it? If not, its not a benefit. If you are, as someone else mentioned, youll need a barrel. I disagree with sights though, std hight sights work fine in my experience, assuming they are night sights.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 02-01-18 at 20:34.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    While both pistols are functional and reliable, I prefer the P07. I don't have anything against a G19 and I shoot both well (or poorly).

The grip, the single action trigger and the safety that is in a location reminiscent of a 1911 are what draws me in.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    If you already have a 26, it just makes more sense to me to get a Glock and have a two-gun setup for different circumstances. I have a 19X and I think it is the best Glock I ever had but I wouldn't carry it because of a grip size (but I would carry it over the 17 if 19x vs 17 was the question).
    Just do this. Simplest solution.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Overall, WOW!

I just want to say a big thank you to everyone. I didn't really expect 2 full pages of awesome feedback.

I do have to say, I am more aligned in the middle, if not leaning towards P07, after a lot of the rhetoric.

Sounds like both will serve me very well. Overall, I would have never expected to have nearly 30 votes and be within a 10 percent difference between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    If you already have a 26, it just makes more sense to me to get a Glock and have a two-gun setup for different circumstances. I have a 19X and I think it is the best Glock I ever had but I wouldn't carry it because of a grip size (but I would carry it over the 17 if 19x vs 17 was the question).
    I am inclined to agree, this was the way I was leaning. Now I am more in the middle than ever after reading the input on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by shiv View Post
    You point to the CZ being “suppressor ready”, but so you intend to suppress the gun?

If you do and would need a G19 barrel for the cab, add $150 to the price of the Glock. Then your sights are going to be short, so add another $80. That offsets magazine and holster costs.

I carry a G19 daily and have since 2011 with the exception of a six month period with a VP9. I actually owned a CZ75 P-07 Duty for a short spell and loved it, but magazine and holster cost as well as general logistics of keeping another platform up and running in my rotation made me sell it. I must say, I somewhat regret that decision and have been eye-balling picking up another P07 if one shows up locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I planned on Form 4 later this year. I know, ultimately, that it will be awhile for a suppressor. It being Suppressor ready is a pro, but not a deal breaker as it would be awhile before a can goes on it.

You do make a very very good point. It makes sense as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I have been, as of today, looking at picking up a P07 for something different and because I have always liked them. Plus, this price;

https://www.preppergunshop.com/cz-75...eid=de0279e7a9
    OOooooo;

I must admit, this does change a bit. 459 is a hell of a lot cheaper than it was when I last looked.

Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    I've been in a similar dilemma, but between the P07 and some other options. I've never been a Glock fan, and have spent the most time shooting a Beretta 92A1 and carrying an FNS-9.

I understand the advice to stick within the Glock family, since you are already accustomed to it. That said, I've never seen an issue with trying other options and seeing if you like it better. The P-07 seems to be a solid option, and the one I'm going with as soon as some funds free up. However, that said, my understanding is that "night sights" that come on the P-07 are rather crappy. If you're looking for something good out of the box, or aren't willing to spend some money to get better sights, there are other places to look.
    Hmm, I do wonder what the true quality of them is. I haven't heard that prior, but considering the price of the firearm, it's to be expected.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 02-02-18 at 07:58.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Of those two, p07.

If I buy another Glock, I'll probably go back to a gen 3 19.

I do love my p07 though.
    Thanks for the input, I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    My P07 has so impressed me that I will say hands down it is the best pistol I have ever owned regardless of price.
    Well, damn. I do trust your input quite a bit around here as well. That resonates pretty dang well.

Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Despite sometimes having sucky triggers OTB, the P07 shoots VERY accurately and easily in most hands. The grip angle is just right and the way the pistol lends itself to high thumbs forward is great. And... it shoots soft.
    Any suggestions on if this breaks in after a certain period, or do some just come with better triggers and some of the lesser ones need to be upgraded by CJW, etc? I didn't plan on doing anything CJW. I am from the school of running them stock and figuring out what work and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Is this a fun gun or for serious use?

If its for “real” use, what practical improvements are you looking to gain over what you already have(any pistols besides the g26 included)?
    You list DA/SA as a benefit. Why?

Are you really going to silence it? If not, its not a benefit. If you are, as someone else mentioned, youll need a barrel. I disagree with sights though, std hight sights work fine in my experience, assuming they are night sights.
    I will be getting a can within the next 12-18 months (including NFA Jail time), and I wanted to have something to use it for. However, evaluating the comments about limiting my Carry Gun to just Carry is a much better option. Thanks for the input though, using the Tall Sights vs Standard Sights isn't something I have had to try with a can.

My biggest improvement is longer ranged accuracy. It takes to about 45 yards where I have troubles ringing the 8" plate with my G26. If I go REALLY slow, I can land most of them, but it's something I have wanted to try. I can shoot far better with my Zastava EZ9, but it's not a piece I am comfortable carrying (just some silly issues with it). I am hoping that moving to a longer platform, both with perceptibly better triggers than the Gen4 G26, will help with that longer range followup and speeds. From 7 yards though, I can plant shots easy with the 26. I just want to give myself more of that edge with my carry gun. I will admit though, working my strings with this sub-compact has been very educational and rewarding.

Ideally, I would like the opportunity to use a WML on my carry gun as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    While both pistols are functional and reliable, I prefer the P07. I don't have anything against a G19 and I shoot both well (or poorly).

The grip, the single action trigger and the safety that is in a location reminiscent of a 1911 are what draws me in.
    Sadly, I have only had a couple opportunities to shoot 1911s. But, I was a youngin when the guy my mother was cheating on my father with (yes, no joke here) brought me out and had me learning the Berretta 92. He was a Gulf War vet who took a 7.62 to the side and was discharged. For a few years the only guns I shot were Berretta. He had a Glock .45 GAP for his Wife, (again, no joke here) that I got to try a few times. My first instructor led training was paid for by him at 17, that's where the holster techniques came into play. It was all taught on a DA/SA. I took another couple classes after that at 18 and 19. When I turned 18 I was gifted a HiPoint (one of the best trainers for trigger control ever), at 20 I took my CCW Class with the same guy and my mother.

The level of Drama in my childhood was almost entertaining. Believe it or not, we all turned out moderately okay. Between my parents and us three kids.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 02-02-18 at 08:04.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You already carry and shoot the 26 well. That's something to consider because the mag, holster, and training commonality streamlines your life quite a bit.

I'll go a different direction and recommend a Gen4 17 or 19 since it will be the closest to your 26. Trigger characteristics and most parts are the same.

I have a lot of time with TDA autos and comfortable with them but don't consider anything about 'em an advantage other than being able to thumb the hammer.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast