• Glock 19x

45 52.94%
  • Other

8 9.41%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P07 VS Glock 19x

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post

Biggest drawback is the DA trigger which can be very gritty and stagey. But they are very easy to shoot accurately despite this.
    They really smooth out over a few thousand rounds. Also the Cajun guns are very nice. The one I had was second-hand and a little stagey at first but dryfire worked wonders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TROPICS View Post
    the CZ feels cheap compared to the glock.
    Quality garbage post.

Feedback Score
    Does that include the p07s with bulged frames or no?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    the CZ feels cheap compared to the glock.
    . That was a gen 1 problem. No more.

Quote Originally Posted by shiv View Post
    I question whether you have ever fired one. Way more machining goes into the CZ and it’s much cleaner than the Glock castings. The polymer moldings on the CZ are very precise and non-distorted vs your average flimsy Glock that has a bent dust cover.

Feedback Score
    Well can't the same thing be said for bent dust covers on glocks since the 19xs don't have it or is that a no go?
    Last edited by TROPICS; 02-02-18 at 20:32.

Feedback Score
    Well can't the same thing be said for bent dust covers on glocks since the 19xs don't have it or is that a no go?
    I dunno about yours, but my new Gen 5 does.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Currently, if the prices stay around the 450 range it is, I am tempted to go:
    P07 with Black Rhino Concealment Holster and APLc.

The package would be about the same price as the 19x, and would suffice to try another type of carry.

Worst comes to worst, I can always trade up to a Glock 19.

Nonetheless, the input on this forum has been amazing. A lot of great suggestions, and a ton of personal anecdotal evidence to help make my decision.

I was leaning 19X, for many of the reasons provided.

I am sure I will purchase another Glock in the next couple years, but at least I have the 26 to fall back on in the meantime if it doesn't work out.

Haven't invested any monies yet, will be clicking purchase in the next week or so and will post up pictures of what I go with.

I appreciate and value all the input.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Quality garbage post.
    I'm not usually one to dig through prior post history, but the troll-like responses in this thread made me do it. Lots of CZ bashing and Glock love in his post history.

/shrug
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The best reason to buy a new pistol is because you want it. That's not the best reason to buy a new EDC pistol. Over the years I've carried many different types of pistols but for the last 18 years, 90% Glock. I'll ocassionally buy something new, like the 19X last week but I'm not replacing my carry guns with it. Carry what you're most competent and familiar with.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Should be hitting submit here in a few.

Just wanted to say thank you again to all of the input from everyone. I want to go through some of the leanings I had here:

I started off thinking 19X, because, it's Glock. I have spare mags, it's what I have carried regularly. But I knew the pricing and Gadget cost would put me at about 670-700 after fees.

Throughout the beginning of this post, the P07 and Glock were head to head with votes. But the posts, and rhetoric built, really leaned me away from Glock and put me right in the middle. At a point even harder to determine.

When I saw WickedWillis post the gun.deals find, I couldn't help but be a bit drawn to that.

So, through a lot of the anecdotal experience being shared about the P07, I couldn't ignore that a few prominent members discussed it being one of the best carry firearms to their liking.

With the cost of a holster factored in at 67 dollars for Black Rhino Concealment, and the $100 dollars for the APL, I will have a setup that I have been wanting to try for a very long time, but haven't.

In total, I am looking at around 620 total, for the entire setup. That's the biggest draw, to be honest. Worst comes to worst, I have an APL I can transition over. Best that happens, I find this setup to be wonderful and work well for me.

I am truly excited to finalize the package and provide a final photo. My guess is 3 weeks out due to lead time on the holster and shipping times for the light and pistol.

Best benefit out of this purchase? I found that the Old Timey Hardware store that is only a mile away actually does FFL transfers. I couldn't believe that. I knew they sold ammo, and they used to sell guns years back. But when they dropped the guns, I thought that was the end to their FFL. So, when it does come in, I no longer have to drive 30 minutes away to the guy who charges 20 bucks. I will pay the extra 5 to get it within 10 minutes of the phone call.

Most importantly, I know that with Glock being in the lead, my purchase is in contrary to that. But know that I still trust the evidence and statements provided about the Glock. Worst comes to worst, I trade into a Glock 19 and work with that.

Truly though, 54 votes later, 4 pages of comments, and I am grateful every day to have an awesome community to refer to for input.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 02-07-18 at 10:14.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast