Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Minimalist J-frame Carry

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Minimalist J-frame Carry

Looking for a AIWB holster that will add minimal waistline bulge. I considered the clipdraw but it does not appear the be able to work with CT 405 grips. Are there any other options as low profile the are compatible with those grips? I wish raven concealment made the vanguard for jframes.

If I decided to go without the crimson trace grips and back to the hogue bantams, is a clipdraw "safe"? I would never consider it with a striker fire and trigger weight of 5lbs, but is the double action revolver with 10lbs trigger "safe" enough to not have the trigger covered?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Phlster city special is pretty good for jframe, that or Darkstargear jframe holster. Both are well thought out.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I own several holsters from this guy, all top quality stuff. I have his IWB holster for a j-frame and it just disappears in the waistband. He has an ebay store too where sometimes he has items discounted.

http://www.gunnerscustomholsters.biz/
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score

Cheap Bianchi Model 6

Probably not trendy, but nothing I have tried or seen beats the basic Bianchi model 6 IWB Holster for simplicity and thin-ness.
    .Thin as the come, the next best thing to a clip draw or Mexican with a trigger guard holster (all of which I have used).
    .Also dramatically more comfortable than IWB kydex for a J Frame in my experience.
    .Doesn’t stay open for reholster, retains sweat moisture and is under $20.

Feedback Score
    I’ve been using the same holster to carry my 642 aiwb for 13 years. Having the cylinder bulge below the belt line works well for me when I need deep concealment and minimal bulge around the waistline. The cost is a slower draw.

246863CD-2D27-4FEF-A660-8425CD58F687.jpg
    Last edited by dewingrm; 02-03-18 at 05:06.

Feedback Score
    There is a forum PF forum member named Spear that makes a sweet looking minimalist j-frame holster.

This is Darryl Bolke's:
    Minimalist j-frame holster.jpg

Feedback Score
    I use this and like it for me at least

Plus, covers the trigger area.

https://www.amazon.com/VersaCarry-Ze.../dp/B00A7UM9CK

Would I worry with the Clipdraw? Yeah, I would. I'd think about bumping into something weird at a weird angle and it actuating the trigger. Likely? No. But that wouldn't stop me from worrying and I'd rather not worry about it

The downside of the Versa Carry is to reholster, you have to remove it and affix back to the gun. That said, the only reason you'd need to remove it while carrying is if you're in a gun fight, so not a big deal to me. I holster up and remove the gun/versa carry as a single unit
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    Galco stow and go. Cheap, low riding, lightweight , comfortable, easy in and off.

Feedback Score
    I know you’re interested in appendix carry, but there’s nothing more minimalist than pocket carry when talking j frames
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    Probably not trendy, but nothing I have tried or seen beats the basic Bianchi model 6 IWB Holster for simplicity and thin-ness.
    .Thin as the come, the next best thing to a clip draw or Mexican with a trigger guard holster (all of which I have used).
    .Also dramatically more comfortable than IWB kydex for a J Frame in my experience.
    .Doesn’t stay open for reholster, retains sweat moisture and is under $20.
    Concur...but the Bianchi Pro 100 has the added bit of leather that makes all the difference in comfortable carry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast