Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot Solve Gas Problems...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    The fact of matter is, with the AR-15, you can fix 90% of the issues by drilling the right sized hole.

I also love how an entire side market of the industry is entirely devoted to fixing said wrong sized hole problem. Its genius really, Im gonna f*** up drilling this hole so I can invent adjustable gas blocks, special bolt carriers, threaded inserts, gas vents, special charging handles, RED springs to mitigate the issue.
    While I mostly agree, the OP is shooting a 10.5 with a gassy can. There may not be a single “right sized hole” that can cover all bases perfectly. What size port would you choose if you were selling a 10.5” barrel that users might try to use with Wolf unsuppressed or 855a1 suppressed?

Sionics is onto something.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    OP.

Get a 060 port from Clint and go from there. Ditch the Gemtech and adjustable GB and start over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    The fact of matter is, with the AR-15, you can fix 90% of the issues by drilling the right sized hole.

I also love how an entire side market of the industry is entirely devoted to fixing said wrong sized hole problem. Its genius really, Im gonna f*** up drilling this hole so I can invent adjustable gas blocks, special bolt carriers, threaded inserts, gas vents, special charging handles, RED springs to mitigate the issue.
    Preach it, Brother!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grip View Post
    Care to tell me what the proper size hole should be for a 13.7" mid gas 5.56 barrel? Apparently this is a huge mystery that cannot be answered.
    .080" should work. .076" runs on the 14.5", so I'd bet .080-.081" should do the trick.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Alternately, you could try a less gassy suppressor such as an OSS.
    Short barrel with a can. This is my SWAG.
    kwg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12