Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta 1301

Feedback Score
    In what way is a choke tube a negative?

My experience with choke tubes is it gives one options. I’ve never had one come off...typically if you don’t remove them frequently they can be hard to get off. I was surprised to see one comment that it’s a negative. I wondered if there was something I didn’t know.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shiv View Post
    In what way is a choke tube a negative?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's a moving part that adds complexity and sometimes to the downrange fodder and provides no benefit to me, although some use their guns for birds, so I guess it's good for those who buy a 1301T to turkey hunt with.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    It's a moving part that adds complexity and sometimes to the downrange fodder and provides no benefit to me, although some use their guns for birds, so I guess it's good for those who buy a 1301T to turkey hunt with.
    The choke tube is not really a moving part. It is something I would more equate to a FH or MD on a rifle. I honestly don't/can't look at it as something I would define as a negative for myself.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    My experience with choke tubes is it gives one options. I’ve never had one come off...typically if you don’t remove them frequently they can be hard to get off. I was surprised to see one comment that it’s a negative. I wondered if there was something I didn’t know.

I was confused myself
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

In the interest of being fair and balanced, I have seen choke tubes that decided to, ah.. lets say venture down range. Usually it is a situation where the threads were cut shallow or it was just stupid high round count. Considering most guys running a defensive gauge ain't running 40K rounds down range a year, it is not something I would be concerned about. Snug the tube down before a range session, check again at the end, and chances are you will never had an issue and yes, it can provide options.

Also, unless you are running unbuffered shot, or none sabot slugs, you can actually get away shooting "threads." Now, I would not recommend doing so. But, I have seen guys do it, both intellectually, some sporting clays shooters in my experience will, then again these are the guys who will change chokes every stage, and I have also known guys who have shot trap and other stuff unintentionally without a choke tube. Most didn't hit much, but the gun was not damaged, the threads might just have been a little dirtier than normal.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    when is the new 1301 due in stores?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12