Thread: Leupold 3X9X40 LR reticle on an AR , reliablity

Feedback Score

Leupold 3X9X40 LR reticle on an AR , reliablity

for all the Leupold bashing on the 24 hour campfire optics forum ,.any one run a Leupold 3X9X40 LR reticle on an AR ,am thinking of doing this as a set and forget scope ,no turret twisting ,since AR-15 seem to get shot a lot more than hunting rifles,and have the bolt moving back and forth ,anyone have trouble with this scope holding its zero on an AR? as in how reliable are the on an AR ?i like this reticle better than the Fullfield II -E ballitic plex(less cluttered) ,another scope in that price range ,and Burris ballitic plex just looks to thin ,were it may fade out in dark background in low lite ,were luepy's dots should stand out more ,,..i dont have good eye;s ,even with glasses

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You will have no issue with reliability. Really, there is no bad Leupold. Maybe just lacking a great Leupold. These things are tanks. The cheaper ones are still good optics, like the Mark AR line at 3x9. Neat little scope.

Feedback Score
    I am running a VX-R pro 3x9 which may be similar. I have used it in local sniper and designated marksman matches it has been fine. Reticle is a little thick but nice glass, holds zero even after being knocked of a table and landing scope down in the grass.