Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Razor GenII or Nightforce ATACR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masan View Post
    OP, have you had a chance to look thru the Kahles? I have been slowly switching my competition rifles away from NF to the Kahles.

NF glass still has a slight edge on the Kahles but the turrets, parallax, and ocular on the Kahles are second to none. Reticle choices on the Kahles are limited, usually the biggest factor in folks I know choosing not to use one.

This is of course just my opinion.
    I’m not super picky on reticles. I want a tree type and Kahles has that. I haven’t contacted them yet about mil/LE pricing.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Vortex made a limited run of Razor gen 2's in black, wish these were still available. I hate the brown.

https://www.eurooptic.com/RZR-42706-...ope-with-.aspx

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Vortex made a limited run of Razor gen 2's in black, wish these were still available. I hate the brown.

https://www.eurooptic.com/RZR-42706-...ope-with-.aspx
    Man, I would love to have one of those.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I will offer my opinion, since I have several of the higher end scopes mentioned. Scopes I currently own: NF ATACR 1-8, NF NX8 1-8, Schmidt &Bender PMII 5-25 and a PMII 3-20. Just recently sold a Vortex Razor 1-6, and I bought my buddy’s Razor 4.5-27 for him (he bought on my recommendation, and paid me back). So, I have played with MANY of the “Tier 1” optics. I truly believe when you get to the top level, buy what speaks to you. There is no one scope that has it all or can do it all better. The key is finding the best list for YOU. Truly, the ATACR line is fantastic. The S&B PMII are the gold standard to many folks. The Razor is an awesome scope.
    Buy what gives you the tickles.
    Shop price, Reticle, and feel.
    For me....right now....I’m on a NF kick. I bought the two newest 1-8’s. They are on two rifles I shoot almost daily.
    That would change if I broke out any of my 6.5CM.
    My favorite is usually the one I’m behind right then.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
    I will offer my opinion, since I have several of the higher end scopes mentioned. Scopes I currently own: NF ATACR 1-8, NF NX8 1-8, Schmidt &Bender PMII 5-25 and a PMII 3-20. Just recently sold a Vortex Razor 1-6, and I bought my buddy’s Razor 4.5-27 for him (he bought on my recommendation, and paid me back). So, I have played with MANY of the “Tier 1” optics. I truly believe when you get to the top level, buy what speaks to you. There is no one scope that has it all or can do it all better. The key is finding the best list for YOU. Truly, the ATACR line is fantastic. The S&B PMII are the gold standard to many folks. The Razor is an awesome scope.
    Buy what gives you the tickles.
    Shop price, Reticle, and feel.
    For me....right now....I’m on a NF kick. I bought the two newest 1-8’s. They are on two rifles I shoot almost daily.
    That would change if I broke out any of my 6.5CM.
    My favorite is usually the one I’m behind right then.
    This is the best approach, in my opinion. Once you cross the "Tier 1" threshold, buy what ticks the most boxes for you. I'm looking to part with a S&B PMII because, as awesome as it is, the Vortex AMG (and to a lesser but still true extent, the Razor Gen2) ticks more boxes for me. Find what meets your own needs and tastes and run with it. Pretty much can't go wrong these days with the top players.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234