Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Razor GenII or Nightforce ATACR

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    def get at least 20x mag, 25x is better

you may compete at 15x, but you'll likely zero and spot at higher magnification

my Razor2 has pincushioning at 4.5x btw, though i never use below 10x

noticeable at 8x, but not an issue at all

Feedback Score
    Might be worth a read:

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2017/0...opes-pros-use/

I have the razor gen ii. It's heavy. But it couldn't perform better for me.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    both scopes are made in the same factory, just to different specs per the companies

Feedback Score
    I have hands on time with an ATACR 4-16 F1, and only limited experience with a few other optics. No time spent behind a Vortex Razor HD.

The ATACR, after a long search, ended up being the scope that I chose to blow my sheckles on. Ended up doing very well. Extremely clear, very crisp, great (GREAT!) turrets, zero-stop is easy to set, very positive, and returns perfectly. I can't say enough good things about the scope. It isn't light, but very little is when you get up in magnification. At 16x, everything was clear and crisp with very little distortion at all, even near the edges. Great optic.

I would never tell someone that they were wasting their money getting a NF ATACR. They're really gucci, but they deliver.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I find the ATACR line lacks features (and reticles if you're not a Horus guy) for the price; MIL-C is nice, but I'd like at least some Christmas tree without paying for a Horus reticle I don't like. The glass is good, yes. The turrets are good, yes. The zero stop system NF uses is still a big meh in my book.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think the Leupold Mk5 5-25 is now on the list. Looks pretty nice and with Leupolds LE/Mil discount I’d probably the cheapest. Anyone have time behind one? I heard really good things about the Mk6 and this looks to have a lot of the same features.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    That mk5 looks great on paper. 30oz. 35mils of vertical adjustment. I like the reticle choices. Assuming everything tracks properly, it looks awesome. Not crazy about a 35mm tube just because of challenges finding mounts. Spuhr has one I like.

I'd like to get behind that scope. Please update if you go with it.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I own 3 atacrs now. The 1-8, 4-16, and 7-35. All are top notch and have a warranty the same as vortex, but you almost never have to use it with NF.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    That's not true, Nightforce only warranties the electronics for 3 years.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    OP, have you had a chance to look thru the Kahles? I have been slowly switching my competition rifles away from NF to the Kahles.

NF glass still has a slight edge on the Kahles but the turrets, parallax, and ocular on the Kahles are second to none. Reticle choices on the Kahles are limited, usually the biggest factor in folks I know choosing not to use one.

This is of course just my opinion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast