Thread: Glock 35 Gen 3 Question

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Glock 35 Gen 3 Question

GYG prefix Gen 3, just over 1k rounds (I barely shoot this gun anymore). All original parts, well maintained.

Last range trip with this gun it chewed up the end of the recoil spring. The little tab dohickey at the front of the RSA that holds the spring on the rod. I normally shoot 180 grain ammo. However this last outing all I could get was 165 grain FMJ.

Prior to the this trip I saw no issues with the RSA. After this range session when I broke the gun down for cleaning I noticed the end of the spring was just about to pop off the end. When I pushed it down it took and excessive amount of force to get it off that tab. Releasing the spring made it jump back up over the tab.

The ammunition used for this last trip was Federal 165 grain FMJ.

I replaced the RSA with a new one but have not been back to the range.

Is this just a fluke? Would using 165 vs. my standard 180 grain ammo be causing the excessive wear? The gun runs like a top with no issues sans this RSA bit. I run it with a SF X300 light and its never been fired without the light.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by davidjinks; 02-09-18 at 16:32.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What Gen? Glock has an exchange program for the 4s.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Gen 3 Glock 35

I’ll update the OP with that info.

Quote Originally Posted by darr3239 View Post
    What Gen? Glock has an exchange program for the 4s.