Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Smith & Wesson Shield EZ 380

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    I think people on the internet forget that not every gun ever was intended to be purchased, driven over with a tank, and then used to breech and clear an oil rig full of ISIS funded North Korean Whale poachers in the middle of a storm when your 416 magically breaks a bolt lug mid operation.

This looks like a great pistol for people like my mother who is getting eldery and weigh 105lbs on a good day.
    Best comment of the year! I hate those oil rig clearing days, LOL.

While I have no need or want for this pistol, I can see the value of it for others who are in need of a firearm, but maybe not into firearms.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    I think people on the internet forget that not every gun ever was intended to be purchased, driven over with a tank, and then used to breech and clear an oil rig full of ISIS funded North Korean Whale poachers in the middle of a storm when your 416 magically breaks a bolt lug mid operation.

This looks like a great pistol for people like my mother who is getting eldery and weigh 105lbs on a good day.
    It would be great if it didn't have that grip safety. I wouldn't buy one for myself, but I would get one for my wife who has no desire to learn good body mechanics to rack a slide on a full size 9mm. No matter all the encouraging or desire on my part for her to learn, I just know it isn't going to happen except for the once per year range trip.

I am still waiting for a 4" Shield in 9mm though. I would buy that in a heart beat if they had one, and this is coming from a guy that has two shields and would have three if I could smuggle another handgun box into the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    It would be great if it didn't have that grip safety. I wouldn't buy one for myself, but I would get one for my wife who has no desire to learn good body mechanics to rack a slide on a full size 9mm. No matter all the encouraging or desire on my part for her to learn, I just know it isn't going to happen except for the once per year range trip.

I am still waiting for a 4" Shield in 9mm though. I would buy that in a heart beat if they had one, and this is coming from a guy that has two shields and would have three if I could smuggle another handgun box into the house.
    It's hammer fired and doesn't have the trigger safety dingus so the grip safety was necessary to make it drop safe or something to that affect. That's what I've been able to gather.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    I'm interested in buying something like this and socking one away for the years to come. It's this or a tip up Beretta in .32 or .380 (would prefer the Beretta in .380, but used...).

I've already moved away from the .45 to the 9mm for arthritis and God only knows how long I will be able to tolerate the 9's.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    With a name like EZ 380 this should appeal well to the morbidly obese, single wide dwelling, CPAP wearing, nascar watching, diabetes ridden cleti. They’ll eat this up like a sugar laden desert buffet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    I'm interested in buying something like this and socking one away for the years to come. It's this or a tip up Beretta in .32 or .380 (would prefer the Beretta in .380, but used...).

I've already moved away from the .45 to the 9mm for arthritis and God only knows how long I will be able to tolerate the 9's.
    If you have arthritis I would unfortunately steer you away from the 380 Berettas. I loved my 84s and the 85 is a sweet single stack, but being straight blowback they do have some bite on recoil.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
    If you have arthritis I would unfortunately steer you away from the 380 Berettas. I loved my 84s and the 85 is a sweet single stack, but being straight blowback they do have some bite on recoil.
    I was about to say the same thing. I've shot a few 84s and then have stout recoil even though they're all steel. Oddly enough I found the Ruger 380 to have less felt recoil. Or at least not as sharp

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I was about to say the same thing. I've shot a few 84s and then have stout recoil even though they're all steel. Oddly enough I found the Ruger 380 to have less felt recoil. Or at least not as sharp

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    With the Beretta Cheetah / 84/85 you can buy a .32 barrel and mags for it. Everything else is the same. Barrels are $185-200. Threaded available, too.

Doesn't have the sting/slap recoil the .380 does.

The frame on the 81-87 Beretta's is alloy fyi.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldesire View Post
    People with Arthritis like my mother for instance, who wants a gun for protection but can't pull back the slide or load a magazine on most handguns might benefit from this model. I see it getting a lot of crap on the internet but the people who post about guns on the internet are not who this is for.

I think you're right. I've seen others say this, and I think...my mom has an SP101 and a main reason for that is inability to reliably rack the slide on dad's Glocks/M&P's, and loading the mags up probably wouldn't go so well either I guess but isn't that what maglulas are for. Still, the racking the slide part is a pretty big deal.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I used to date a lady that couldn’t get the technique down to rack a G17, and certainly couldn’t rack any of the pocket .380’s that were common at the time. She loved shooting the .22lr I gave her, though.

I’ve always wondered why locked breech .380’s are so uncommon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast