Thread: Which rail for 870?

Feedback Score

Which rail for 870?

Hey guys I’m wanting to put a red dot on my turkey gun which is a Remington express super magnum. I really don’t like the saddle mounts very much. I would like to drill and tap the receiver and put a short lightweight Picatinny rail on it. Most likely will be using a bushnell trs-25 to hunt with. I’ve seen where some people say you’re not supposed to tap it and then I have seen where a lot of people do. Do y’all have a short lightweight rail you would recommend? I also want to keep the height as low as possible to try to maintain a good cheekweld. Some of the new turkey loads are throwing tight patterns and you can miss up close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No drilling, virtually same cheekweld: https://www.burrisoptics.com/sights/...systems-family

Feedback Score
    I would prefer to run the fastfire 3 but I’m having a hard time buying in to that speed bead mount but I’m sure it works fine. It almost seems like to sit would be too close to your eye. Anyway I’m looking at the TRS-25 bc it’s a lot cheaper and I’m just using it for turkey hunting. Looking for rail suggestions.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Have you tried typing 870 scope rail into the box at the top of your computer screen?????? It's not rocket science.

Feedback Score

Which rail for 870?

Thanks for that helpful insight GH41. I’m looking for a shorter section than most stuff that pops up. I didn’t know if anyone here had found something besides a 5 or 6” rail. Also as low profile as possible.