Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there a non-battery reflex sight worth a darn?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    How long has the TA45 been out?

I don't think I had heard of that one?

For me the TA44 wasn't as good a choice for eye relief as the TA33 for some reason. Maybe because I wear glasses?
    What about the TA44 did you not like? Reticle washout/poor low light or indoor performance?

I’ve been really tempted to get one of the newer ACSS versions from Primary Arms, but reports of the little ACOGs not being a good choice for an HD rifle, which basically my main purpose for my AR stable, have made me go back to tried and true Aimpoints. I have an astigmatism and have learned to just live with that with my T2s and previous PROs, but i have a feeling the Ta44’s etched reticle would be just the ticket, if it could be reliably used behind a weapon mounted light.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthepuck View Post
    What about the TA44 did you not like? Reticle washout/poor low light or indoor performance?

I’ve been really tempted to get one of the newer ACSS versions from Primary Arms, but reports of the little ACOGs not being a good choice for an HD rifle, which basically my main purpose for my AR stable, have made me go back to tried and true Aimpoints. I have an astigmatism and have learned to just live with that with my T2s and previous PROs, but i have a feeling the Ta44’s etched reticle would be just the ticket, if it could be reliably used behind a weapon mounted light.
    I found that for me at least the eye relief was almost as bad as some of the other ACOG's that require "eyeball to optic".

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthepuck View Post

This forum had a strong bias towards red dots only for HD, anything else and you're not tactical enough.
    For me, also having an astigmatism, the ACOG is just perfect for HD; shooting with both eyes open negates any speed disadvantage, and the crystal clear glass is just great.
    I have a TA33 ACOG on my SWAT rifle and also love that.
    The TA45 has been out for quite some time, and if you want something with extra long will relief, it's a good choice. I found that it had almost too much eye relief for use on a standard AR with retractable stock, and prefer the TA44 for that role.

I've owned every version of ACOG except for the TA50 3x24. I currently have a TA31 4x32, TA11 3.5x35, TA33 3x30, and TA47 2x20. I miss the TA44 (I used to own two), and plan on getting the ACSS version, as that would solve my one complaint with that optic, reticle clutter for longer range shots.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123