Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a non-battery reflex sight worth a darn?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I use the TA33 as my reference. How do they compare to the TA33?
    I have never used a TA33 myself, so I can't speak to it's eye relief, but when I have used a TA44 it was always in the middle of the rail and I could see everything perfectly.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    1x prism scopes have a regular black reticle without illumination turned on. On a very bright background I prefer a black reticle to a blazing bright dot.

Or try the 1.5x ACOG.
    I have a 2.5x prism with a double horseshoe black reticle etched in. This is prefect in bright light. In dim light I turn it on. I live in a forest and bought it for forest use. It is great there. The Russians field a 2.8x scope like an ACOG but which only illuminates at night or low light with tritium. For normal daytime use they use the black etched reticle.

The 1.X ACOG with etched black reticle would seem perfect for you Doc.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I run a 1.5 mini acog on a 6920, forget the model, but it is awesome in bright conditions. I did put black electrical tape over the fiber optic collector because it worked a little too well for my eyes. The eye relief is very generous. I prefer the mini acog over an aimpoint for shots beyond 50yds. The red dot is much faster for me up close so I keep an H1 on my HD rifle. If I could only have one? Well this is America, so I will have both.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It does depends on the reticle somewhat.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ered-variables

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    I really liked my Trijicon RX30 and RM04, but found the reticle on both of them too large. Didn't really have many issues with reticle washout, but it's definitely possible.
    The RX30 was nice with fixed iron sights because in the case of reticle washout, I only had to lower my cheek weld slightly in order to have iron sights at my disposal.
    LOVED my RX30, but at 100 yards, that 6.5 MOA dot COVERED the black 8/9/X ring on a standard target!

Went from shaded station to BRIGHT summer sunlight with it on many occasions - it NEVER washed on me, though!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The dot on the RM05G is bright.

In full sun its retarded bright.

It may be too big a reticle for your needs, but visibility is not a problem.

Feedback Score
    Garand Thumb had a video where he said eye relief was really good on the 1.5x. Check out about 5 min mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj62iiFs7ec

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The wide range of target colors and distances combined with background color/texture under different lighting conditions (over all and/or varying between me and the target) have me appreciating lpvo's with illuminated dot versatility more and more. Still not perfect...likely nothing ever will be....but flexible.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    There are two different 1.5x ACOGs, and both have long eye relief. So I'm not sure what you tried, but it wasn't a 1.5x acog.
    The TA44 1.5x16 has what I would call regular generous eye relief, probably around 4-6 inches.
    The TA45 1.5x24 has very, very long will relief, and can even be used as a scout scope, with over a foot of eye relief available.

Relevant pictures of some of my old rifles:

Feedback Score
    How long has the TA45 been out?

I don't think I had heard of that one?

For me the TA44 wasn't as good a choice for eye relief as the TA33 for some reason. Maybe because I wear glasses?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast