Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shorter Adjustable LOP Options to Magpul PRS?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    PRS was too long for me also. I saved the $200 and stayed with my A2 which has a better rear rest angle anyway. YMMV...

My other builds sport a B5 SOPMOD which is really my favorite unless on a rear bag.

LMT does make a PRS like carbine version, not sure if it's shorter LOP.
    Last edited by LMT/556; 02-17-18 at 13:12.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been shooting AR's since the mid 80's, but never fell in love with any until I put LaRue RISR on to fix cheek weld. In case you are not aware what it does it's a reciprocating cheek riser that the back of the charging handle pushes on(spring). I do all offhand shooting/thermal and I'm a stickler for a great weld on my bony face so the AR was never my best shot until I got a solid weld going. Made such a big dif I don't even own any bolt guns any longer. Only downside might be you have to use it with a Magpul stock I think it's the CTR or something like that. Love the stink out of mine now

Feedback Score
    Someone had one of those at a LR class I took, don't remember much about it. They are on sale at Larue now for $30. I'm thinking about looking at dialing in mount height to get the scope to where I want, rather than moving the cheek rest. I think a 1.33 height will work with my Premier 3-15, with the standard PR caps.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a UBR on one and like it alot https://www.magpul.com/products/ubr-...lapsible-stock

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know this is an old thread, but the information in Post # 7 is useful.

I recently purchased a Magpul PRS Gen 3 stock and installed it on my Ruger Precision Rifle. The measured length of pull was 15-1/8", which was too long for me. I contacted Magpul and was told an adapter shorter than the carbine adapter was not available. I performed the same procedure posted by Tx Aggie and was able to reduce the length of pull to 14". This made the stock useable for me.

The Magpul stock is definitely more comfortable than the OEM stock and if 14" length of pull works for you Tx Aggie's modification is worth consideration.
    Train 2 Win

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12